Hungary vs Greece
UEFA Nations League
Date: Tuesday, 11 September 2018
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Groupama Arena (Budapest).
The year 2018 has been not kind to Hungary as their football team played comparatively few international matches. Their UEFA Nations League group opener against Finland is only the 5th match in all competition this year and the 1-0 narrow defeat kept the team win-less in that period.
The Magyars lost 4 of those games and this coupled with the lack of team cohesion put them in the back foot against a highly improved Greek side this Tuesday, even before the ball is kicked.
Greece had plenty of positives in the 1-0 away win at Estonia, but they need to improve the quality of finishing as they could have won that game on a wider margin.
The problems in the striking department is a long-term problem for the Greeks and this is the main reason why they haven’t won enough games in recent times.
Hungary vs Greece Head-to-head
- Greece often had the upper hand in head-to-head matches against Hungary since the 1990s. The record from 8 matches in the period is 5 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.
- The teams’ last meeting was for the Euro 2016 qualifiers, a goal-less draw in Hungary followed by a 4-3 thriller win for Greece.
- Greece scored at least 2 goals in 5 of the last 6 meetings with the Magyars.
- BTTS & over 2.5 goals is seen in 4 of the recent 6.
- The Hungarians have a home record of 1 win, 1 draw and 2 losses in the last 4 h2h meetings with Greece.
Hungary vs Greece Prediction
The visitors are in better form here and they will be benefitted of having an experienced tactician like Michael Skibbe in the dugout.
Hungarians on the other hand, failed to impress since the Euro 2016 and it seems like they are going in a downward spiral.
Since Hungary do not have a strong h2h record at home and the form is less than impressive, I can confirm that Greece is the team with better chance of registering a win.
Both teams like to play defensive football, thus backing under 2.5 full-time goals is the best bet for this game.
Hungary vs Greece Betting Tips
Recommended bet is Under 2.5 goals @ 1/2 (1.50)
Brave punters can back outright Greece win for 19/10 (2.90).