Hungary vs England
UEFA Nations League
Date: Saturday, 4 June 2022
Kick-off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Puskás Aréna.
It seems Hungary have taken an oath to be mixed up with heavyweights in every single one of their international tournaments. In the recently-concluded Euro Cup, they were included in the death group along with France, Germany, and Portugal.
And now in the Nations League they are once again part of a group which consists of Germany, Italy and England. And they open their campaign against none other than the English.
If they have any hope of making it to the semi finals, they will have to go after wins in all of their fixtures. And since they are at home this Saturday that is exactly what they will be doing.
However, the Three Lions have a point to prove. After messing up the Euro Final in Wembley in front of their home crowd, the golden generation of the country are determined to bring glory back to their fans.
They obviously have one eye on the upcoming World Cup and it is important for them to build some momentum before the quadrennial tournament.
Judging recent performances as well as former head-to-head record it goes without saying that England are easily the favourites to post 3 points on the board this Saturday.
Hungary vs England Head-to-head (h2h)
- The English had won 3 of the past 4 clashes.
- They had scored 2 or more goals in 3 of the former 4 meetings.
- The latest meeting on Hungarian soil had finished in 0-4 win for them.
- It’s been 60 years since the Hungarians have won at home.
Hungary vs England Prediction & Analysis
The Hungarians were winless in nine of their past 13 overall fixtures and they had also lost 3 of their past 5 appearances at home. On top of that they also have a worrying head to head record against the English over the years.
On the other hand, the Three Lions are on a 4-match winning streak and they had also remained unbeaten in their past 22 fixtures. In the process they had gone on separate 4-game winning streaks and a totally separate 8-match winning stretch as well.
Taking into account these observations, expect a huge win for England this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The English are ranked 5th in the world by FIFA, as opposed to their counterparts being placed 40th in the same list.
- They secured a ticket to the World Cup with 8 wins and 2 draws in the Qualification tournament. They had also scored the most number of goals in the group as well as conceded the least as well.
Tips for Hungary vs England
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1)
England -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.20 (6/5).