Hoffenheim vs Monchengladbach
Germany – Bundesliga
Date: Saturday, 18 December 2021
Kick-off at 14:30 UK/ 15:30 CET
Venue: PreZero Arena.
Hoffenheim are in great form, and have placed themselves at the fourth position. Such has been their consistency lately, that they are the only team to stay unbeaten in the past five match-days in the league. Not even defending champions Bayern could manage that.
Meanwhile, Monchengladbach used to be one of the best in the German league earlier. But as of now, they are one of the worst. In fact, they are one of the only two teams to have lost the last four league games on the trot.
In addition, they also have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years.
Surely expect Hoffenheim to have the upper hand this Saturday at their home – PreZero Arena.
Hoffenheim vs Monchengladbach Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-2 win for Hoffenheim.
- They are on a two-fixture winning streak, and are also on an unbeaten run since 2019.
- In the past six-year period, the hosts have lost just twice at this stadium.
- The hosts had scored three or more goals in three of the former six clashes at this ground.
Hoffenheim vs Monchengladbach Prediction & Analysis
Hoffenheim registered a 2-2 draw the last match-day, against the third-placed Leverkusen. They had also won six of the past eight games, and had scored a total of 15 goals from the past five fixtures.
Going on, they are on a six-match winning streak at home, and had slotted in a total of 20 goals in the process.
On the other hand, Monchengladbach lost 2-3 at home the past game week, against Frankfurt. They are also on a four-match losing run, and have won just thrice in the past ten games.
Importantly, they have managed to post just four league wins on the road in the whole of 2021, and one these had come in the first week of January, against the 17th placed Bielefeld.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Hoffenheim this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Hoffenheim are placed fourth in the table, and they have scored the most number of goals in the competition – barring Bayern, Dortmund, and Leverkusen.
- They have a 100% winning record at home this season in the league, disregarding a loss against Mainz, and a draw against Union Berlin.
- Meanwhile, Hoffenheim are on a four-fixture losing streak, and they had conceded a total of 17 goals in the process.
- They have won just once on the road this whole Bundesliga campaign, and it had come against the struggling Wolfsburg.
Tips for Hoffenheim vs Monchengladbach
Hoffenheim to Win @ 2.20 (6/5)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Hoffenheim @ 1.80 (4/5).