Molde vs Hibernian
Europa League Qualifying – 3rd Round 2nd Leg
Date: Thursday, 16 August 2018
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Aker Stadion (Molde).
Molde vs Hibernian Analysis for Prediction
- The Europa League third round qualifying tie between Molde and Hibernian hung in the balance after the teams settled for a goal-less draw in the first leg.
- Molde are heavy favorites to win the second leg outright having thrashed the likes of Glenavon (5-1) and Laci (3-0) at the Aker Stadion the previous rounds.
- For Hibernian, this is their best ever run in the Europa League, having lost the first tie in each of the previous seasons.
- The Scots had won two ties already this season all on the back of their scoring ability, Runavik from Faroe Islands (12-5 aggregate) and Asteras from Greece (4-3 aggregate).
- Hibernian cannot expect Molde to give them lot of space in the final third and their defensive vulnerabilities will be an issue in the second leg at Norway.
Molde vs Hibernian Betting Tips
FT – Molde to win at 5/6 (1.85).
Over 2.5 goals at 11/10 (2.10).
All Analysis and Tips for Second Leg Europa League fixtures compiled by Aron Wright. Below, you may find the preview for first leg of the corresponding tie.
Molde vs Hibernian Match Preview
Molde have been sailing past teams in the qualifiers but now they face a tricky trip to Scotland to play Hibernian better known as simply Hibs and this should be a very interesting game.
The bookmakers just make the Scottish team the favourites to win this game which is no mean feat given how strong Molde have been.
Hibs need to own this first leg and dominate it if they think they have any chance to advance to the play off stages. Because the truth is they don’t travel so well in Europe and will find the 2nd leg very difficult in Molde.
The Scottish league kicked off last week and Hibs got a superb 3-0 win at home against Motherwell to kick start their season and this will only give them even more confidence coming into this game.
Both teams already have some competitive football under their belts so this will be beneficial to both sides.
This game is anyone’s guess because we don’t know the gaps in quality until the match starts, so for now we must presume that the teams have the same qualities.
Hibs will go for the win being at home and with a fantastic set of supporters to cheer them on and Molde will not like the atmosphere. That’s why we will choose for Hibs to score the first goal.
At the same time we can see Molde getting in to the game more as it goes on and they can score too. This will be a very close match decided in the 2nd leg.
Molde vs Hibernian: Head to Head
These teams have never met before in a head to head clash.