Atalanta vs Hapoel Haifa
Europa League Qualifying – 3rd Round 2nd Leg
Date: Thursday, 16 August 2018
Kick-off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Mapei Stadium – Città del Tricolore (Reggio Emilia).
Atalanta vs Hapoel Haifa Analysis for Prediction
- No way back for Hapoel Haifa in this tie after Atalanta bagged a 4-1 win in Israel.
- The Italians impressed in their debut season in Europa League last season and went into the first knockout stage with an unbeaten run in group phase before losing out to Borussia Dortmund.
- Atalanta are scoring goals for fun at the moment, they came to Haifa on the back of a 8-0 win in Bosnia against FK Sarajevo.
- Challenge for Atalanta head-coach Gian Piero Gasperini is to keep the concentration level of his men for entire 90 minutes and make sure the full-time score line is comfortable enough.
Atalanta vs Hapoel Haifa Betting Tips
HT/FT – 1/1 @ 1.67 (2/3)
Over 1.5 second half goals at 2.10 (11/10).
All Analysis and Tips for Second Leg Europa League fixtures compiled by Aron Wright. Below, you may find the preview for first leg of the corresponding tie.
Atalanta vs Hapoel Haifa Match Preview
Israeli side Hapoel Haifa are going to host Atalanta in the first leg match of the Europa League Qualifiers third round.
The hosts opened the new season with a Super Cup trophy after beating Israeli champions Hapoel Beer Sheva after a penalty shootout.
Hapoel started the continental campaign from the previous round and although Hafnarfjordur posed them severe trouble. The team from Haifa managed to find the way through after a narrow away victory.
Nir Klinger’s side finished the last season on the 4th spot and their clashes have been pretty tight. They were not too successful in pre-season matches as home side booked just one victory.
It is well-known that Italian teams who enter in the early qualification rounds are not too interested in this competition, and after Atalanta’s first leg match against Sarajevo in the previous round, it seemed they are going to give up on this.
Musa Barrow and the lads trashed the Bosnian side in a superb 8-0 away win and showed that they are more than interested in participating in the group stage. Atalanta had a pretty successful pre-season and they failed to win just once.
Atalanta showed a very convincing display in their latest match and it is expected that they pick up where they left off.
The Italian side are strong favourites in this one and they should be more than capable of getting back home from Haifa with an advantage.
Atalanta vs Hapoel Haifa Head-to-head
- Last mid-week’s thumping Atalanta win by 4-1 is their first ever competitive meeting with Hapoel Haifa.
- The team’s did meet during a pre-season friendly back in 2015, result a 3-1 win for the Serie A side.