Hamburger SV vs Union Berlin
Germany – 2.Bundesliga
Date: Monday, 26 November 2018
Kick-off at 19.30 UK/ 20.30 CET
Venue: Volksparkstadion (Hamburg).
The match features two of the best teams in the 2.Bundesliga. Sparks will fly come Monday night as Hamburger hosts Union Berlin at the Volksparkstadion. Hamburger is the topper of the league while Union Berlin occupies the third spot.
The hosts have 27 points from their 13 matches, with a record of eight wins, three draws, and two losses. They managed to score 17 goals while conceding 12.
Berlin has registered 23 points on the board from their league campaign so far. They remain the only unbeaten team in the whole league. Their record reads five wins and eight draws.
Hamburger posted a routine victory in their last matchday, on the road, against Aue. The final scoreline was 1-3 in favor of the guests. Hamburger had scored first, but Aue managed to equalize before halftime. But the second half saw Hamburger dominating the proceedings. They scored two more goals to take home the three points.
Union Berlin recorded a great victory at home against Furth. The scoreline was 4-0. Both Polter and Mess scored braces for the hosts. Besides the four goals, the clean sheet was also appreciated by the fans.
Hamburger SV vs Union Berlin Head-to-head (h2h)
- This is the first head-to-head match between these teams.
- Hamburger is on a four-match winning streak and an eight-match unbeaten run.
- Union Berlin is on a 15-match unbeaten run.
- Hamburger remained unbeaten in 11 of their 14 home games.
- Berlin has won only two of their last eight games on the road.
- Eight of last ten matches involving Hamburger had only one or none of the teams on the scoresheet. Last four home matches in a row for the team also have the same stat to show.
- Both teams have conceded just a combined 20 goals from their total 26 matches in the league.
Hamburger SV vs Union Berlin Prediction
As two of the best defensive teams in the league come together, it’s pretty much self-explanatory that the game will be a low-goalscoring affair. In their combined 26 matches, both teams together conceded just a total of 20 goals. That’s an average of almost 0.75 match goals per game. The Under 2.5 match goals is a good bet.
The best team in the league and the toppers have the home advantage here. And for all their heroics, Berlin has struggled on the road this season. Hamburger holds the advantage here.
Hamburger is notorious to take part in matches which fail to have both teams on the scoresheet. In fact, eight of their last ten games had this stat. Their last four home matches too have the same stat.
Hamburger SV vs Union Berlin Betting Tips
Hamburger SV: Draw No Bet @ 1.50 (1/2)
Both Teams to Score: NO @ 1.95 (10/11)
Under 2.5 match goals @ 1.75 (3/4).