Go Ahead Eagles vs NEC Nijmegen
Netherlands – Eredivisie
Date: Sunday, 19 December 2021
Kick-off at 13:30 UK / 14:30 CET
Venue: De Adelaarshorst.
The draw somehow pops up as the most likable of the three outcomes in this clash if we take both outfits’ form into consideration. NEC Nijmegen head into this off the back of three straight defeats, while Go Ahead Eagles looked toothless in the last two league affairs against Twente and Utrecht.
Go Ahead Eagles vs NEC Nijmegen Head-to-head
- The history of this matchup suggests that we should be in for a high-scoring clash here.
- Each of the last 14 head-to-head meetings between these two teams provided goals at both ends.
- The home court advantage does play a big part here as Go-Ahead Eagles are unbeaten in the last eight home outings against NEC.
Go Ahead Eagles vs NEC Predictions & Analysis
Go Ahead Eagles and NEC joined the topflight of Dutch football together this season. They are now about to lock horns in the 17th round of the competition on Sunday afternoon at De Adeelarshorst.
Neither of the two outfits will enter the match in high spirits. The hosts did manage to save a point form a tough away clash against Utrecht, but they were lucky rather than impressive not to concede on the occasion.
Go Ahead Eagles are going through crisis in terms of their attacking performances these days.
They have only scored two goals in the last five league games. This will be the music to the ears of Rogier Meijer whose men are looking ahead of an easier fixture after playing PSV last weekend.
NEC offered a strong resistance against the new Eredivisie leaders last time out but conceded two late goals in the final ten minutes of the game to lose 1-2 at the end.
It was the third straight defeat for Nijmegen who could take advantage of Go-Ahead Eagles’ attacking woes to arrest such a negative streak here.
Key Stats for Betting
- Go Ahead Eagles drew in two of the last five league games.
- NEC Nijmegen are winless in five straight Eredivisie outings.
- Each of the last 14 H2H clashes between these two outfits produced goals at both ends.
- Both teams also scored in each of NEC’s last five matches in the league.
Tips for Go Ahead Eagles vs NEC Nijmegen
Draw @ 3.40 (12/5)
Both Teams To Score @ 1.66 (4/6).