Gillingham vs Cardiff
England – FA Cup
Date: Saturday, 5 January 2019
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Priestfield Stadium (Gillingham).
Cardiff is pitted against Gillingham in the 3rd round of the English FA Cup. The venue for the game is Priestfield Stadium and is scheduled for Saturday.
Cardiff is 16th in the Premier League table after recording 18 points till now. They won 5 games, drew 3 and lost 12. They found the net a total of 19 times and conceded 38 times.
Gillingham holds the 18th spot in the League One table and has 28 points against their name. They won 8 games, drew 4 and lost 14. Gillingham scored 36 goals and let in 43 into their net.
The results for their recent matches show Gillingham lost against Southend, on the road, 2-0 and Cardiff won against Leicester, on the road, with a score of 0-1.
Gillingham vs Cardiff Head-to-head (h2h)
- Cardiff drew the last h2h match against Gillingham.
- Gillingham was winless in 23 of their last 31 matches.
- Cardiff was unbeaten in 5 of their last 10 games.
- Gillingham was winless in 11 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Cardiff lost 7 of their last 10 fixtures on the road.
- Gillingham has scored in 8 of their last 10 overall matches, and in 7 of their last 10 home-ties.
- Cardiff has scored in 10 of their last 15 overall games, and in 5 of their last 10 away fixtures.
- Eaves T has been the best player for Gillingham with 14 goals this season, and Paterson for Cardiff, with 4 goals and 0 assists.
Gillingham vs Cardiff Prediction
Cardiff fought tooth and nail to secure promotion to the Premier League, and this experience and the ability to cope with pressure will help them in easily overcoming the obstacle that is Gillingham, stuck in a rut in the League One. The team is unbeaten against Gillingham since 2000, and the status won’t change come Saturday.
Cardiff has never failed to score against this particular opponent, and the team will use this match as an opportunity to build some much-needed confidence and team morale, which will help them a great deal in their fight in the Premier League. Expect the team to come into this tie guns blazing, and put the hosts under pressure right away.
Despite playing in the League One, against teams of much lower quality, Gillingham has not displayed a good showing this season. They are winless in 23 of their last 31 overall matches, and in 11 of their last 15 home-ties. Against a top-quality opposition like Cardiff, even the home fans will not have high expectations.
Expect Cardiff to take the win in this tie. The team will not take chances and will find the back of the net as soon as possible. Cardiff will score first and will be leading at halftime.
Gillingham vs Cardiff Betting Tips
First Team to Score: Cardiff @ 1.50 (1/2)
Half Time Result: Cardiff @ 2.40 (7/5).