Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV
German 2. Bundesliga
Date: Thursday, 27 September 2018
Kick-Off at 19:30 UK / 20:30 CET
Venue: Sportbank Ronhof Thomas Sommer (Furth).
Hamburger SV ended the four-win streak with an embarrassing 0-5 defeat to Jahn Regensburg on the home patch at the weekend. Will such tough defeat leave the impact on team’s performance in the following fixture on Thursday evening against Greuther Furth at Sportbank Ronhof Thomas Sommer?
The hosts also saw a positive winning thread of their own coming to an end on Sunday falling 2-0 away at Heidenheim. However, Damir Buric and his men still have reasons to be optimistic ahead of the HSV tie given team’s solid displays in front of the home crowd this season.
The Shamrocks won two and drew one of three home matches so far, bagging an impressive nine-goal tally in the process.
Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV Head-to-head
- The two teams will take on each other for the first time since May 2014 when they battled it out in the promotional/relegation play-offs.
- Hamburger SV saved the top flight status only thanks to the away goal rule back then.
- The Red Shorts drew 0-0 at home before playing 1-1 in the reverse fixture at Sportbank Ronhof Thomas Sommer back then.
- It is interesting to note that none of five head to head games between the two sides saw three or more goals scored.
- Furth have never beaten HSV who won three and drew two of five head to head affairs.
Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV Prediction
With the firepower both managers have on display, it’s hard to see the low-scoring head to head trend continued on Thursday. Both teams have a man with five goals to his name so far in the season in their ranks.
Daniel Keita-Ruel (arrived this summer from Fortuna Koln) notched five goals in six games so far, including two in the 4-1 drubbing of Holstein Kiel in Furth’s previous home fixture. The former Leeds United striker Pierre-Michel Lasogga did the same for HSV. He actually notched seven goals in last seven games across competitions (five in 2. Bundesliga).
All of three home games Furth played so far in the season produced goals at both ends. We’ll thus go for the both teams to score bet at the 1.61 odds as the main betting option here. The value is also fine with Furth to bag two or more goals on the occasion knowing HSV shipped five goals in the weekend’s loss to Jahn Regensburg.
Greuther Furth vs Hamburger SV Bet Tips
BTTS @ 1.61 (8/13)
Furth Over 1.5 Team Goals @ 2.50 (6/4).