Fulham vs Cardiff – Championship Playoff
Date: Thursday, 30 July 2020,
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Craven Cottage (London).
First Leg: Cardiff 0:2 Fulham
As expected, the Cottagers took the chance and has a 2-goal advantage coming into this second leg. In the away game they dominated the possession and got the deserved result for the effort they put in.
But the tie is far from settled as a this kind of advantage can be risky considering the opposition is a great attacking unit.
Cardiff needs to work on their finishing more. They put three shots on target but could not manage to break the Fulham defence.
Even though they have a great away form currently, their last defeat on the road was against Fulham back on 10th July.
Fulham vs Cardiff: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest win makes Fulham unbeaten in four straight games against this opposition.
- They have also kept clean sheets in the two recent head to head matches.
- The home side has not lost to this opposition at this ground since September 2013.
- They are also on a 2-match winning run here too against the Bluebirds.
- Both sides found the net in 80% of their meetings at this venue.
- The hosts are unbeaten in eight Championship matches on the trot.
Fulham vs Cardiff: Prediction
The visitors are low on morale after the heartbreaking defeat in the first leg. This was their second consecutive defeat to Fulham this season.
Adding to this is their poor record at this ground against the Cottagers. But they would have learned from the mistakes they and we can expect to created chances in this one and maybe get a goal or two.
But that would not ensure their promotion to the Play Off finals. Even though they have not won many games at this ground they have scored in majority of the matches, as did the hosts.
For tips, I am giving high importance to results from head-to-head games and the first leg and Fulham to win is once again my top choice along with both teams finding some joy in scoring departing.
Fulham vs Cardiff: Betting Tips
Home win @ 1.44 (4/9).
Both teams to score @ 2.00 (1/1).