Freiburg vs Wolfsburg
Germany – Bundesliga
Date: Saturday, 12 March 2022
Kick-off at 14:30 UK/ 15:30 CET
Venue: Europa-Park Stadion.
Freiburg have placed themselves in a promising position, so as to qualify to one of the European competitions next season. They are in possession of the sixth spot, and have a cushion of four points over the seventh-placed Union Berlin, who are also going through a poor stretch of results.
Going on, at the Europa-Park Stadion, Freiburg have been on a roll for quite some time now, and they are also consistently finding the back of the net here.
Meanwhile, Wolfsburg have struggled throughout the campaign, and especially so on the road. In fact, they have won just once on the road in the past four-month period in all competitions.
By the looks of things, expect the hosts to have the upper hand this weekend at the Europa-Park.
Freiburg vs Wolfsburg Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse encounter had ended in a 0-2 win for Freiburg.
- They had recorded three of the past four overall wins.
- Four of the past seven clashes had goals from both teams.
- At this venue, Wolfsburg have lost just once since 2011.
Freiburg vs Wolfsburg Prediction & Analysis
Freiburg held heavyweights Leipzig to a 1-1 draw on the road the last match-day. They had also won three of their past four overall games, and had remained unbeaten in 10 of their past 12 fixtures.
Going on, they had won three of their preceding five appearances at home, and they have lost just twice here in the past 12-month period.
On the other hand, Wolfsburg did win 1-0 at home against Union Berlin the past game week. But they were also winless in 14 of their past 18 overall games, and in the process they had even gone on a seven-match losing streak.
Judging these observations, expect a win for Freiburg. However, taking into account the h2h superiority of Wolfsburg over the years, it’s doubtful if the hosts would be able to keep a clean sheet.
Key Stats for Betting
- Only defending champions and toppers Bayern have lost fewer matches than Freiburg.
- They have kept a total of just one clean sheet in the past six fixtures.
- They are one of the four teams to have remained invincible at home in the past five fixtures.
- Meanwhile, Wolfsburg have won just once on the road since October of 2021, and just four times since April.
Tips for Freiburg vs Wolfsburg
Freiburg to Win @ 2.00 (1/1)
Both Teams to Score @ 1.83 (5/6)
Correct Score: 2-1 Freiburg @ 10.00 (9/1).