Everton vs Lincoln City
England – FA Cup
Date: Saturday, 5 January 2019
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Goodison Park (Liverpool).
Everton opens their gate for Lincoln City in the English FA Cup this week. The Goodison Park match will mark the 3rd round in the tournament.
Everton has the 10th position in the Premier League table, after securing 27 points so far from their league campaign. They have scored 31 goals till now and received 31 back. Everton won 7 matches, drew another 6 and lost the remaining 8.
Lincoln City finds themselves in the first position in the League Two table after recording 51 points on the table. The team won 15 matches, drew 6 and lost 4. Lincoln City scored 45 past their opponents and received 24 in return.
Everton lost against Leicester, last week, in front of their home crowd. The match ended 0-1. Meanwhile, Lincoln City drew against Port Vale, at home, in their last fixture, and the scoreline read 1-1.
Everton vs Lincoln City Head-to-head (h2h)
- Lincoln City has never fought against Everton.
- Everton was unbeaten in 5 of their last 10 matches.
- Lincoln City was winless in 5 of their last 10 games.
- Everton was unbeaten in 11 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Lincoln City was winless in 6 of their last 10 fixtures on the road.
- Everton has scored in 6 of their last 10 overall matches, and in 14 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Lincoln City has scored in 18 of their last 20 overall games, and in 8 of their last 10 away fixtures.
- Richarlison has been the best player for Everton with 9 goals and 1 assist this season, and Akinde J for Lincoln City, with 9 goals.
Everton vs Lincoln City Prediction
The difference in quality between these teams cannot be more apparent. The extent is such that, in these teams’ entire history, they have not once faced each other, as never have they played together in the same league. Everton is a part of the top-most tier of the English Football system, while Lincoln is stuck in the League Two, below the Premier League, Championship, and the League One Teams.
This match will be a goal-fest. Everton’s local rivals are running away with the Premier League title (fingers crossed), leaving even the mighty Manchester City in the dust, and Everton desperately needs something to save face. Everton will fight this match with vigor as they will have the 2-6 home-loss inflicted by Tottenham, playing in the back of their minds. The team needs a big win to shake off their recent misfirings.
Everton, who has scored in 14 of their last 15 home-ties, will have no difficulty in making a meal out of this League Two team crippled with the away disadvantage.
Expect at least two goals in the first half, and a total of at least four goals in the match, all probably from Everton.
Everton vs Lincoln City Betting Tips
Over 1.5 First Half Goals @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 3.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).