Espanyol vs Real Sociedad
Spain – La Liga
Date: Sunday, 28 November 2021
Kick-off at 15:15 UK/ 16:15 CET
Venue: RCDE Stadium.
Sociedad have been one of the very best teams in the competition this season, and it’s been evident with their unbeaten run since the second match-day.
However, they were recently replaced from the top by Real Madrid, and as a result, currently they are in possession of the second position.
Likely, they are desperate to get back to the top of the table, and they have a great opportunity to do that – since the first-placed Los Blancos are taking on the third-placed Sevilla this weekend.
Should Sociedad be able to overcome the recently-promoted and struggling Espanyol this Sunday, they could make amends for their demotion to the second spot.
Espanyol vs Real Sociedad Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-1 win for Sociedad.
- They had also won four of the past five meetings.
- The latest meeting at this stadium had ended in a 1-3 win for the guests.
- In the past seven-year period, the hosts have won just twice at this ground.
Espanyol vs Real Sociedad Prediction & Analysis
Espanyol lost 1-0 on the road the last match-day, against Barcelona. They were also winless in four of their past five fixtures, and they had also remained so in 18 of their former 24 games.
In fact, of their total four league wins in the 2021-22 edition of the La Liga, three had come against teams placed 14th or lower in the table.
On the other hand, Sociedad recorded a 0-0 draw at home the past game week, against Valencia. They were also unbeaten in 17 of their past 18 games, and their only defeat on the road since August had come in the Europa League – against Monaco.
Judging these observations, as well as past h2h stats, expect a win for Sociedad this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Sociedad are placed second in the table, and need a surplus of just one point to get to the first position.
- They have conceded the least number of goals this season, barring only Bilbao and Sevilla.
- They currently have the longest unbeaten run in the league, as their only loss this season had come against Barcelona, that too at the Nou Camp.
- Meanwhile, Espanyol are a recently-promoted team, and their only victory in the past five match-days had come against the 17th placed Granada.
Tips for Espanyol vs Real Sociedad
Real Sociedad to Win @ 2.25 (5/4)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Real Sociedad @ 2.00 (1/1).