Espanyol vs Mallorca
Spain – La Liga
Date: Sunday, 20 March 2022
Kick-off at 13:00 UK/ 14:00 CET
Venue: RCDE Stadium.
Mallorca are easily the absolute worst team in the whole of La Liga at the moment. They are on a long losing streak, and are conceding goals in huge numbers.
They also have a surplus of just two points over the relegation cut-off, and if they keep up this charade long enough, they will find themselves in the Segunda at the start of 2022-23.
Meanwhile, Espanyol too have had issues of their own – but not as extreme as that of their counterparts for the day.
They have been far better in terms of consistency, and they have also been finding the back of the net in a much more impressive rate.
Moreover, they also have a great h2h record against this rival at this venue, over the past seasons.
As such, expect Espanyol to have the upper hand this weekend at the RCDE Stadium.
Espanyol vs Mallorca Head-to-head (h2h)
- Four of the past eight clashes had three or more goals.
- Espanyol had won three of the past four meetings at this ground.
- It’s been 11 years since the guests have won at this stadium.
- The latest match-up at this venue had ended in a 0-0 draw.
Espanyol vs Mallorca Prediction & Analysis
Espanyol were held to a 1-1 draw the last match-day, by Levante. However, they were unbeaten in four of their past five overall fixtures, and the sole defeat during this stretch had come against reigning Europa League champions, Villarreal.
They had also won eight of their past twelve appearances at home, and they have lost just thrice at this stadium during this league campaign.
On the other hand, Mallorca lost 0-3 at home the past game week, against Real Madrid. They are also on a five-match losing streak, and they had let in a total of 12 goals in the process.
Taking into account these observations, and past h2h stats at this venue, expect a win for Espanyol this Sunday. And considering the poor form of Mallorca, anticipate goals in plenty too.
Key Stats for Betting
- Mallorca are the only squad in the whole competition, to have lost the last five games in a row.
- They have conceded the most number of goals in away fixtures, and they have also won just twice in such games all through the campaign.
- Meanwhile, Espanyol have lost just thrice at home in the 2021-22 edition of the La Liga, and one of these losses had come against defending champions, Atletico Madrid.
Tips for Espanyol vs Mallorca
Espanyol to Win @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).