Elche vs Osasuna
Spain – La Liga
Date: Sunday, 1 May 2022
Kick-off at 13:00 UK/ 14:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Manuel Martínez Valero.
Both these teams are struggling with their defenses and this trend can be seen even from the start of the season. With nothing left to play for either of these squad their only objective would be to build some goodwill and momentum for the upcoming season.
Osasuna do have a mathematical chance of securing a European spot, but realistically it has no chance of happening. And in the same way Elche do have a mathematical chance of getting relegated, but with an 8-point cushion and just five games remaining, it seems improbable.
Going on, whenever these two teams have locked horns in the past they have produced high scoring affairs. And more of the same is expected this weekend as well.
In fact, with no actual pressure on either of these squads they can afford to take some risks, and with inconsistent defenses on either side this should translate into goals.
Elche vs Osasuna Head-to-head (h2h)
- Four of the past five encounters had goals from both teams.
- Two of the past four meetings had three or more goals.
- Four of the past five clashes at this ground had three or more goals.
- The latest matchup at this venue had ended in a 2-2 draw.
Elche vs Osasuna Prediction & Analysis
Elche did win 0-1 on the road the last match-day against Betis. But they had lost six of their past 10 fixtures, and they had also lost three of their former four appearances at home.
On the other hand, Osasuna lost 1-3 at home the past game week against Real Madrid, and they have been conceding goals in plenty all this season.
It also deserves to be mentioned that they have gone on two separate three-fixture losing streaks on the road since mid-December.
Taking into account these observations expect a goal fest this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Both these teams have conceded the same number of goals so far in the league campaign – 44.
- Elche have won just six times at this venue all through this current season of the La Liga.
- They have managed to keep a single clean sheet at home from their past seven appearances here.
- For Osasuna – five of their past six fixtures had three or more goals.
- In fact they had let in four or more goals in two of their past three road trips.
Tips for Elche vs Osasuna
Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.25 (5/4).