Eintracht Frankfurt vs Hertha Berlin
Germany – Bundesliga
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 14:30 UK/ 15:30 CET
Venue: Deutsche Bank Park.
Frankfurt are perennial contenders for the European spots in the German top flight, while Hertha usually have to struggle to keep their place safe in the league. The former have a good h2h record over the past seasons, and are expected to continue that impressive streak this weekend as well.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Hertha Berlin Head-to-head
- The latest encounter between the two had ended in a 3-1 win at home for Frankfurt.
- They are on a three-match winning streak, and they had scored a total of 10 goals in the process.
- They have been completely unbeaten against this opponent in the past three-year period.
- At this venue, the hosts have lost just once in the past 13-year period.
- Since 2008, only twice have the hosts failed to score at this venue.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Hertha Berlin Prediction & Analysis
Frankfurt just recorded a superb 1-2 win on the road against nine-time defending champions Bayern Munich, and definitely are high on confidence. They are on an eight-game unbeaten streak, and only once have they failed to score in Bundesliga this season.
On the other hand, their counterparts lost 1-2 at home against Freiburg, and they had lost five of their former seven fixtures. Their only clean sheet in 2021-22 had come in the DFB Pokal, against a team from lower divisions, and on the road, they have a total of just four wins since September of 2020.
Taking into account these observations, as well as the h2h superiority of Frankfurt, expect a win for them this Saturday at their home.
Key Stats for Betting
- Frankfurt had lost just once all through this league campaign, and the sole defeat had come in the opening match-day, against Dortmund.
- They are one of the only three teams in the entire German top flight to have stayed unbeaten in the past five game weeks in the competition.
- They had finished fifth in the table the last season, trailing just four points below the second-placed Leipzig. Meanwhile, Hertha had to settle for a 14th place finish, with a surplus of two points over the relegation cut-off.
- They have conceded a total of 15 goals from their past four road trips alone.
Tips for Eintracht Frankfurt vs Hertha Berlin
Eintracht Frankfurt to Win @ 1.75 (3/4)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Eintracht Frankfurt @ 1.80 (4/5).