Doncaster vs Southend
England – League One
Date: Tuesday, 12th February 2019
Kick-off at 19.45 UK/ 20.45 CET
Venue: Keepmoat Stadium (Doncaster).
Donny recorded a comeback win over Peterborough in their last match-day with a neat 3-1 scoreline. The team had the home advantage, and they were successful in amply utilizing it. In the 6th minute itself, the hosts went on the backfoot, as George Cooper put the visitors in lead. The game appeared lost to Grant McCann’s men, when they rallied behind their cause of getting promoted, and scored three goals in succession, in the space of just 11 minutes.
The Shrimpers messed up their chance to register three easy points after leading for almost half of the game, against Charlton. The early goal by the visitors was canceled out by the equalizer that came in the 60th minute. The match finally ended with a 1-1 scoreline.
Now, the low-in-confidence team turns towards the Rovers, who have dominated them without mercy from time immemorial.
Doncaster vs Southend Head-to-head (h2h)
- Ten of the last eleven wins belong to Donny.
- The last five wins saw Grant McCann’s men registering three or more goals.
- The Seasiders have just one win to their name in their long history of h2h games. The win came 12 years ago, at their home, for a margin of just one goal.
- Chris Powell’s men have never won a tie at the Keepmoat Stadium.
- The combined scoreline for the last six ties at this venue is 16-3, in favor of the hosts.
- The team from South Yorkshire has scored two or more goals in every one of their appearance in front of their home crowd, bar once.
Doncaster vs Southend Prediction
Only two teams have scored more goals than Donny in League One, and only one has outscored them in home-ties. The frontline has been on fine form and looks determined to carry the team to Championship.
Moreover, the Blues have not ever won at the Keepmoat Stadium, and their recent away stats have been unsatisfactory. Also, ten of the last eleven wins in face-to-face meetings went Rovers’ way, and impressively, all wins at this venue came for huge margins, and most of the overall victories as well.
In addition, the combined scorecard for the last six fixtures is 16-3.
It goes without saying that, the potent strike-force of Grant McCann’s men will not leave things to go late. Count on them to be leading at halftime.
Doncaster vs Southend Betting Tips
Doncaster to Score in the First Half @ 1.75 (3/4)
Half Time Result: Doncaster to Win @ 2.25 (5/4).