Crystal Palace vs Southampton
England – Premier League
Date: Wednesday, 15 December 2021
Kick-off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Selhurst Park.
Southampton have been facing some serious issues all through this league campaign, and it appears as if they will not find a solution anytime soon. It’s no wonder they are placed in the bottom-most tier of the table, and have been conceding heavily all through the season.
Meanwhile, Crystal Palace have had their share of problems. But they have managed to perform decent enough at home. And they also have shown a tendency to take advantage of games against struggling rivals.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Palace this Wednesday at the Selhurst Park.
Crystal Palace vs Southampton Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest meeting had ended in a 3-1 win for Southampton.
- Three of the past five clashes had goals from both teams.
- The latest meeting at this stadium had ended in a 1-0 win for the hosts.
- Southampton had scored two or more goals in three of the past six clashes.
Crystal Palace vs Southampton Prediction & Analysis
Palace recorded a superb 3-1 win at home the last match-day, against Everton. They were also unbeaten in eight of their past eleven fixtures, and of their total three losses during this stretch – two had come against Manchester United, and Aston Villa.
On the other hand, Southampton lost 3-0 on the road the past game week against Arsenal. They are also on a five-game winless run, and they had conceded two or more goals in four of these matches.
Going on, they are on a three-match losing run on the road, and they had also lost five of their former six road trips. Moreover, they had also conceded two or more goals in five of their preceding seven away games.
Taking into account these observations, expect a winning performance from Crystal Palace this Wednesday. And since either team has been experiencing troubles with their defense lately – anticipate goals in plenty too.
Key Stats for Betting
- Southampton are placed 16th in the table, and have won just thrice so far in this edition of the PL.
- Only two other teams have scored fewer goals than them – one of them being the dead-last placed Norwich.
- They have been completely winless on the road, barring their victory against the recently-promoted Watford.
- Meanwhile, Palace have lost just once at home all this season in any competition. And it was against Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa.
- They have also failed to score at home just once this whole season. It was back in August, against Brentford.
Tips for Crystal Palace vs Southampton
Crystal Palace to Win @ 2.40 (7/5)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).