Cittadella vs Palermo
Italy – Serie B
Date: Sunday, 30th December 2018
Kick-off at 14.00 UK/ 15.00 CET
Venue: Stadio Pier Cesare Tombolato (Cittadella).
Palermo comes knocking at the Stadio Pier Cesare Tombolato to take on Cittadella in this Italian Serie B match. The tie takes place on Sunday and is the 19th round in the tournament.
Cittadella is the 7th team in the table and has posted 26 points on the board. Their record reads 6 wins, 8 draws and 3 losses. The team scored 20 goals and conceded 16 in return.
Palermo has the 1st position in the league table, after securing 34 points so far from their league campaign. They have scored 30 goals till now and received 13 back. Palermo won 9 matches, drew another 7 and lost the remaining 1.
In their most recent matches, Cittadella lost against Verona, on the road, 4-0 and Palermo won against Ascoli, at home, with a score of 3-0.
Cittadella vs Palermo Head-to-head (h2h)
- Palermo drew the last h2h match against Cittadella.
- Cittadella is winless in their last 5 matches.
- Palermo was unbeaten in 18 of their last 20 games.
- Cittadella was unbeaten in 17 of their last 19 home-ties.
- Palermo was unbeaten in 14 of their last 20 fixtures on the road.
- Cittadella has scored in 5 of their last 10 overall matches, and in 13 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Palermo has scored in 9 of their last 10 overall games, and in 11 of their last 15 away fixtures.
- Finotto M has been the best player for Cittadella with 5 goals and 2 assists this season, and Nestorovski I for Palermo, with 6 goals and 2 assists.
Cittadella vs Palermo Prediction
We have the best team in the competition as the visitors against Cittadella. The one thing that stands out when we analyze these teams’ past performances is that, despite their poor overall displays, Cittadella holds well at their home, and Palermo gives their best be it at home or on the road.
Both teams won’t be ready to risk much in this game and will be keen to avoid the loss. The game will lack pace in the first half as Cittadella as well as Palermo will be looking to pounce upon the mistakes of the other side rather than create chances of their own. In the second half, the game will become a little more lively.
Palermo holds a three-point lead at the top of the table and is an almost-sure candidate for promotion next season. The match will be evenly fought and most probably the first half will be goalless. Brave bettors can go for the Correct Score at Half Time option with 0-0 as their choice.
Either team will feel each other out in the first half and go in for the kill in the next 45 minutes. Expect a much calmer first half and a comparatively explosive one after halftime.
Cittadella vs Palermo Betting Tips
Half Time Result: Draw @ 2.00 (1/1)
Half with Most Goals: Second Half @ 2.00 (1/1).