Cercle Brugge vs St.Truiden
Belgium – First Division A
Date: Saturday, 26th January 2019
Kick-off at 19.00 UK/ 20.00 CET
Venue: Jan Breydel Stadion (Brugge).
Since their domestic cup win against Mandel United in the first week of December, the Canaries have not won a single game. Their league campaign looks in tatters, and the comfortable placing in the top tier is long lost. The team needs to do something immediately in order to save face, and probably their season.
Groen en Zwart tries to make up for their shortcomings on the road by better displays at home. While their last four trips on the road ended in disappointment, they managed to stay unbeaten in five of their last seven home-ties.
The Green and Black even managed to defeat the great Anderlecht, a week back, at home. The final scoreline was 2-1, in favor of the hosts.
Cercle Brugge vs St.Truiden Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last seven wins in official matches belong to Laurent Guyot’s men.
- De Kanaries last secured a win against this opponent back in 2011, and it was a club friendly. The win before that came in 2007.
- At this venue, the h2h record reads eight wins for the hosts, in response for two losses.
- Two of the last four matches at this venue saw under 2.5 match goals.
- Disregarding a 0-1 loss in 2007, the home-team has maintained a 100% unbeaten record in all official matches at the Jan Breydel Stadion.
Cercle Brugge vs St.Truiden Prediction
Laurent Guyot’s men have always had the upper hand at this venue over the Canaries. The lone and only official loss for the hosts at this venue came back in 2007.
The team from Bruges have also scored in nine of their total eleven attempts at the Jan Breydel Stadion. Coupled with that, Marc Brys’s men are winless in their last eight away fixtures in a row and have secured just two wins in their last nine overall attempts. I think it’s safe to assume that the home team will take at least a point from this tie.
Neither team is on hot goal-scoring form right now. The last two official matches between the teams saw just one single goal between them.
Also, in their last three home-ties, Groen en Zwart scored a total of two goals, and in their last three away trips, the team from Limburg scored a total of two goals. Comfortably back the Under 2.5 Match Goals option.
Cercle Brugge vs St.Truiden Betting Tips
Under 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1)
Double Chance: Cercle Brugge or Draw @ 1.50 (1/2).