Celta Vigo vs Villarreal
Spain – LaLiga
Date: Saturday, 20 November 2021
Kick-off at 13:00 UK/ 14:00 CET
Venue: Estadio de Balaídos.
Celta Vigo are yet to click, despite one-third of the season already being over. They have delivered some inspiring performances along the way, but still they have a surplus of just one point over the relegation cut-off.
Meanwhile, Europa League champions Villarreal are desperately trying to recreate their form from the past season – but to no avail. They have been struggling to show consistency all through this new season, and have been letting in goals quite plenty too.
By the looks of things, expect a goal-fest at the Estadio de Balaídos this weekend.
Celta Vigo vs Villarreal Head-to-head (h2h)
- Six of the past seven clashes had four or more goals.
- Celta had scored three or more goals in four of the last six meetings.
- It’s been five years since the hosts have failed to keep a clean sheet at this ground.
- The latest match-up at this ground had ended in a 0-4 win for the guests.
Celta Vigo vs Villarreal Prediction & Analysis
Celta Vigo recorded a 3-3 draw the last match-day, against Barcelona, at home. In spite of their grave weaknesses in defense, they did show spirit in scripting a comeback after going 0-3 down against a a team like Barca.
And the team will be keen to keep the streak going. Their confidence is through the roof now.
On the other hand, Villarreal recorded a 1-0 win at home the last match-day, against Getafe. And just before that they had recorded a 2-0 win against Young Boys.
Though both these teams are minnows, the two-game winning streak is surely a positive sign for the squad – who have been struggling right from the start of the 2021-22 season.
By all means, expect both these squads to go after each other right from the get-go this weekend, and deliver a high-scoring affair at the Balaídos.
Key Stats for Betting
- Vigo have a single win to their name in the last five match-days, and it had come against the dead-last placed Getafe.
- In fact, they have so far conceded a just two goals fewer than the Getafe.
- Meanwhile, Villarreal have a total of three wins in the 2021-22 edition of the La Liga, and two of these victories had come against the 18th placed Elche, and the 20th placed Getafe.
- Their only win on the road since May of 2021 had come against Young Boys – a team from the Swiss league.
Tips for Celta Vigo vs Villarreal
Over 2.5 Match Goals & Both Teams to Score @ 2.25 (5/4)
Over 1.5 Second Half Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).