Cagliari vs Salernitana
Italy – Serie A
Date: Friday, 26 November 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Sardegna Arena.
Both these teams are placed bottom-most in the table in the Italian top flight. And it goes without saying that these two are prime contenders to get relegated at the end of the season.
In fact, Cagliari and Salernitana have combined to register a total of three wins from their total 26 games in the league so far, and all through this stretch, they have been conceding goals in huge numbers.
Going on, either of the squads will be desperate to put an end to their dismal streaks, and will consider each other as the perfect opponent to record a great win over.
As such, anticipate a fierce clash between the two teams at the Sardegna Arena, and goals in plenty as well.
Cagliari vs Salernitana Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-0 win for Cagliari.
- Four of the previous five clashes had three or more goals.
- The hosts had scored two or more goals in the last four meetings at this ground.
- The visitors have failed to score just twice at this stadium since 1997.
Cagliari vs Salernitana Prediction & Analysis
Cagliari recorded a 2-2 draw the last match-day against Sassuolo. They had lost the four games before that, and they had remained winless in 12 of their preceding 13 fixtures.
Going on, they had conceded two or more goals in 11 of their previous 13 matches, and they have a total of two wins at home since April.
On the other hand, Salernitana lost 0-2 at home against Sampdoria the last match-day. They had also lost five of their preceding six games, and they too were winless in 11 of their former 13 games.
Considering these stats, as well as the huge goal-scoring numbers in past h2h meetings, expect a high-scoring affair this weekend too.
Key Stats for Betting
- Cagliari are placed second to last in the table, and have won just once from their 13 games in the competition so far.
- They have let in a total of 28 goals till now, and only one other squad has conceded more goals than them in this edition of the Serie A.
- Meanwhile, Salernitana are placed bottom-most in the table, and they have managed a total of just two wins.
- They too have conceded a total of 28 goals in their league campaign, and only Spezia have conceded more than them.
Tips for Cagliari vs Salernitana
Over 2.5 Match Goals & Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 1.5 Second Half Goals @ 1.90 (9/10).