Burnley vs Barnsley
England – FA Cup
Date: Saturday, 5th January 2019
Kick-off at 12.30 UK/ 13.30 CET
Venue: Turf Moor (Burnley).
Burnley welcomes Barnsley to their home ground for the 3rd round of the English FA Cup. The match is scheduled for Saturday, at the Turf Moor.
Barnsley is 4th in the League One table after recording 46 points till now. They won 13 games, drew 7 and lost 5. They found the net a total of 40 times and conceded 22 times.
Burnley occupies the 18th spot in the Premier League table and got 15 points till this stage. They registered 4 wins, 3 draws and 13 losses. Burnley scored a total of 19 goals in all their league matches this season and conceded 41.
Last week, Burnley won against West Ham, in front of their home crowd. The match ended 2-0. Meanwhile, Barnsley drew against Luton, on the road, in their last fixture, and the final score was 0-0.
Burnley vs Barnsley Head-to-head (h2h)
- Barnsley lost the last h2h match against Burnley.
- Burnley was winless in 8 of their last 10 matches.
- Barnsley was winless in 6 of their last 10 games.
- Burnley lost 5 of their last 9 home-ties.
- Barnsley won 5 of their last 10 fixtures on the road.
- Burnley has scored in 6 of their last 10 overall matches, and in 8 of their last 10 home-ties.
- Barnsley has scored in 13 of their last 15 overall games, and in 7 of their last 10 away fixtures.
- Barnes A has been the best player for Burnley with 3 goals and 1 assist this season, and Moore K for Barnsley, with 11 goals.
Burnley vs Barnsley Prediction
This is a completely lopsided tie with not even a fighting chance for the visiting team. Barnsley plays in the League One, which comes third in the English Football hierarchy, whereas the hosts, Burnley, is a part of the prestigious Premier League, widely regarded as the best football league in the world. With the added advantage of the home status, Burnley will easily procure the win here, and progress to the fourth round of the competition.
Burnley’s only loss against Barnsley, at this venue, came in 2008, when the latter was an entirely different team. If not for that loss, Burnley boasts a 100% unbeaten record at this stadium against Barnsley.
Barnsley scored a total of one goal in their last three away matches and a total of one goal in their last four h2h games at the Turf Moor. Burnley, who narrowly missed out on a chance to play in the Europa League main competition this season, will have no trouble in dispatching this League One side with a huge loss.
Expect Burnley to win both halves and to score more than 2.5 goals in the game.
Burnley vs Barnsley Betting Tips
Result/ Total Goals: Burnley Win/ Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.87 (15/8)
To Win Both Halves: Burnley @ 5.00 (4/1).