Brentford vs Oxford
England – FA Cup
Date: Saturday, 5 January 2019
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Griffin Park (London).
Oxford faces Brentford in the 3rd round of their domestic cup season. The FA Cup match takes place at the Griffin Park, this Saturday.
Brentford has the 18th position in the Championship league table, after securing 28 points so far from their league campaign. They have scored 36 goals till now and received 36 back. Brentford won 6 matches, drew another 10 and lost the remaining 10.
Oxford occupies the 22nd spot in the League One table and got 26 points till now. They registered 6 wins, 8 draws and 12 losses. Oxford scored a total of 31 goals in all their matches this season and conceded 41.
Last week’s fixtures had Brentford draw against Norwich, at home, 1-1 and Oxford lose against Plymouth, on the road, with a score of 3-0.
Brentford vs Oxford Head-to-head (h2h)
- Oxford lost the last h2h match against Brentford.
- Brentford was winless in 9 of their last 10 matches.
- Oxford was unbeaten in 6 of their last 10 games.
- Brentford won 3 of their last 10 home-ties.
- Oxford was unbeaten in 8 of their last 10 fixtures on the road.
- Brentford has scored in 11 of their last 15 overall matches, and in 20 of their last 21 home-ties.
- Oxford has scored in 6 of their last 10 overall games, and in 3 of their last 5 away fixtures.
- Maupay N has been the best player for Brentford with 15 goals and 6 assists this season, and Henry J for Oxford, with 8 goals.
Brentford vs Oxford Prediction
Oxford plays an entire league under Brentford, in the League One, while Brentford plies their trade in the Championship. On top of that, Brentford has the home crowd in the corner for this tie. Expect Brentford to play out their hearts on the pitch, as their standing in the league is currently not so good, and therefore they need a spectacular showing in this tie to maintain morale and belief for the rest of the season.
Oxford is crippled with the away handicap, while they are also struggling in the relegation zone in the League One. With one half of the league almost over, they are in a very likely position to be demoted to the League Two next season. There’s no realistic chance where they will survive this tie without a loss.
Brentford has scored in 20 of their last 21 home-ties, and against a struggling opponent from League One, the frontline of the home team will have no great difficulty in finding the back of the net. Expect Brentford to score in both the halves, and expect at least two goals from the hosts.
Brentford vs Oxford Betting Tips
To Score in Both Halves: Brentford @ 2.20 (6/5)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Brentford @ 1.50 (1/2).