Bolton vs Stoke City
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 29th December 2018
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Macron Stadium (Bolton).
Bolton opens their gate for Stoke in the English Championship this week. The Macron Stadium match will mark the 25th round in the tournament.
Bolton has the 22nd position in the league table, after securing 21 points so far from their league campaign. They have scored 17 goals till now and received 32 back. Bolton won 5 matches, drew another 6 and lost the remaining 13.
Stoke find themselves in the 11th position after recording 34 points on the table. The team won 8 matches, drew 10 and lost 6. Stoke scored 30 past their opponents and received 29 in return.
Bolton won against Rotherham, last week, in front of their home crowd. The match ended 2-1. Meanwhile, Stoke lost against Birmingham, at home, in their last fixture, and the scoreline read 2-0.
Bolton vs Stoke Head-to-head (h2h)
- Stoke won the last h2h match against Bolton.
- Bolton was winless in 18 of their last 20 matches.
- Stoke was unbeaten in 13 of their last 15 games.
- Bolton was winless in 8 of their last 10 home-ties.
- Stoke was unbeaten in 7 of their last 8 fixtures on the road.
- Bolton has scored in 4 of their last 11 overall matches, and in 2 of their last 7 home-ties.
- Stoke has scored in 6 of their last 7 overall games, and in 11 of their last 13 away fixtures.
- Magennis J has been the best player for Bolton with 4 goals and 0 assists this season, and Afobe B for Stoke, with 6 goals and 2 assists.
Bolton vs Stoke Prediction
Bolton is one of the worst teams in the entire league. They have scored the least number of goals of all the teams in the competition, and no other side has lost more games than Bolton. Even with the advantage of the home ground, Bolton is not expected to put on a good performance. They are winless in six of their last seven home games and lost five of those ties.
Bolton also failed to score in those five matches. This will rightfully play into an advantageous situation for Stoke, who also boasts of a solid backline. Stoke is five points away from the playoff spots, and the team will view this match as an opportunity to secure three easy points and to also improve their goal difference.
Stoke will win the match and keep a clean sheet as well.
Bolton vs Stoke Betting Tips
Clean Sheet: Stoke – YES @ 2.00 (1/1)
Stoke to Win to Nil @ 2.75 (7/4).