Blackburn Rovers vs Ipswich Town
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 19th January 2019
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Ewood Park (Blackburn).
The Rovers got to the Championship after their fantastic run in the League One last season and looks eager to send a replacement back to the lower tier. The Blues, who have been the weakest side in the competition in 2018/19 faces Blackburn, on the road, and seems the ideal candidate to take a trip down the English Football hierarchy.
Right at the end of last year, the three consecutive losses that the Riversiders faced almost took the life out of them. The team is still reeling back from that trauma, and in this tie, they have got an opportunity to rebuild their broken sense of self-pride.
Even for their fans, Paul Lambert’s men seem a lost cause. They take this trip after going through five away losses in a row. Let’s see if they will be subjected to a sixth one.
Blackburn vs Ipswich Head-to-head (h2h)
- The teams hosting the ties have scored two or more goals in five of the last six h2h games.
- 12 of the last 13 games between these teams saw the hosts of the day breaking the defensive wall of the visitors.
- The Tractor Boys failed to score in four of their last five h2h appearances at this venue.
- The Blue and Whites are unbeaten at home against this rival.
- Only once did Tony Mowbray’s men returned to the dressing room with not even a single goal, at their home, in a game against the Blues.
Blackburn vs Ipswich Prediction
Without contest, Town has been the worst team in the competition. The team is going through a five-match losing run, and an eight-game winless streak, seven of which were losses.
Marcus Evans’s men could not register at least a goal in their last five away ties in a row, and in seven of the last eight. Their only win on the road this season came against Rotherham, which is the other team that rivals Ipswich for the title of the poorest team.
The Riversiders are a very competitive team at home. In the period of last ten months, they faced just three losses in front of their home crowd, and one of them was in a friendly against Liverpool. They will also want to keep their current unbeaten streak spotless. Expect the hosts to score in both the halves as well as win them.
Blackburn vs Ipswich Betting Tips
The Rovers to Score in Both Halves @ 2.75 (7/4)
Blackburn to Win Both Halves @ 5.00 (4/1).