Belenenses vs Aves
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Saturday, 22nd December 2018
Kick-off at 18.00 UK/ 19.00 CET
Venue: Estádio Nacional do Jamor (Lisabon – Oeiras).
Aves travels to Lisabon, to take on Belenenses, in this Portuguese Primeira Liga match. The game takes place this Saturday at the Estádio Nacional do Jamor.
Belenenses drew against Rio Ave, in their last league match. Rio had the home advantage for the tie, and took use of it efficiently, in the first half. Owing to incessant pressure from the home frontline, Silva mistakenly scored an own goal, and gave the lead to Rio.
The score stood still the halftime. Lica equalized the score for Belenenses, in the 58th minute. But it was shortlived, as Gelson took back the lead for Rio in the 64th minute. Once more, the new development was shortlived. A 69th-minute penalty put things back to normalcy. The match ended 2-2.
Aves also took part in a drawn match. They were hosting Guimaraes. The visitors went ahead in the 15th minute, thanks to the goal from Guedes. The hosts woke up from their complacency and played with passion. They neutralized the score in the 34th minute, via a goal from Balde. Though both teams looked hard for a winner, it didn’t come by.
Belenenses vs Aves Head-to-head (h2h)
- Belenenses holds a 7-6 lead in h2h wins over Aves.
- The hosts, Belenenses, was unbeaten in eight of their last ten matches.
- Aves is winless in their last four games.
- Belenenses remained unbeaten in 14 of their last 21 home-ties.
- Aves lost seven of their last 11 away fixtures.
- Belenenses holds a 5-1 lead in h2h wins at this venue.
- The home team, Belenenses was involved in the second-least number of goals, in the whole of the league. 13 goals scored and 12 goals conceded, for a total of 25-goal involvement in 13 matches.
Belenenses vs Aves Prediction
The hosts have the upper hand in this fixture. They hold the lead in h2h wins in overall matches, as well as h2h wins at this venue. Belenenses has won seven overall matches to Aves’s six, and at this stadium, Belenenses has won five, while losing only one.
Aves is winless in their last four matches. And on the road, they lost seven of their last 11 games.
Belenenses was unbeaten in eight of their last ten overall fixtures. They also did the same in 14 of their last 21 home-ties.
The home team usually takes part in low-key affairs, as in, matches with very few numbers of goals. They have scored just 13 goals and conceded 12 in the process. A total of 25 goals so far in the league campaign.
Belenenses vs Aves Betting Tips
Belenenses Draw No Bet @ 1.40 (2/5)
Under 2.5 match goals @ 1.60 (3/5).