Bayer Leverkusen vs Celtic
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 25 November 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Leverkusen are comfortably at the top of the table, and are surely going after their objective to become group champions. Currently they have a lead of three points, but need to be careful of the second-placed Betis giving them a tough chase.
As such, a win this Thursday is of supreme importance – especially with Betis having an easier match-up this game week.
Likely, the Germans are going after the three points at the BayArena, their home, against Cetlic – who have been struggling in the Europa this season.
Bayer Leverkusen vs Celtic Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse match-up had ended in a 0-4 win for the Germans on the road.
- Leverkusen have a 100% winning record against Scottish opponents, barring two losses against Rangers in 1998.
- Since 2003, Celtic have a single win against any other German foe.
Bayer Leverkusen vs Celtic Prediction & Analysis
Leverkusen recorded a comprehensive 4-0 win at home the last match-day in the Europa, and that too against the second-best team in the group. They had also won six of their past ten appearances at home, and have lost just four times at this venue since March.
Do also note that they have failed to score just once at home since February as well.
On the other hand, Celtic did register a 2-3 win on the road in their latest Europa game, but it needs to be taken into account that it had come against the worst of the lot – Ferencvaros.
And while they have been formidable in league games lately, they have been poor in Europa fixtures.
Considering these observations, as well as the reverse encounter, expect a win for Leverkusen.
Key Stats for Betting
- Leverkusen are at the top of the table with a 100% unbeaten record, and they have a perfect winning record barring a single draw against the second-placed Betis.
- With an 11-2 combined scorecard, they have scored the most number of goals, and have conceded the least in the group.
- They have won all of their Europa games at home in 2021-22, and had scored two or more goals in all of these fixtures.
- Celtic are placed second to last in the table, and have a 100% losing record disregarding two fixtures.
- They have conceded the joint-most number of goals in the group along with the dead-last placed Ferencvaros, and have let in the most outright in away fixtures.
Tips for Bayer Leverkusen vs Celtic
Over 1.5 Second Half Goals @ 1.75 (3/4)
Bayer Leverkusen -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.25 (5/4).