FC Barcelona vs PSV Eindhoven
Date: Tuesday, 18th September 2018
Kick-off at 17:55 UK/ 18:55 CET
Venue: Camp Nou (Barcelona).
FC Barcelona switch focus and energy to the Champions League after a after a quick-fire start to the La Liga campaign.
With wins in all four league games so far this season, Barcelona gained much needed momentum in the early days of the 2018/19 football season.
PSV started their campaign with a 7 match winning run in all competitions scoring 27 goals in the process.
The defending Dutch Eredivisie Champions had torrid times in Europe over the past few years. They are handed a tough group here, the two other teams in the group being Inter and Tottenham.
The Blaugrana won all their 5 home games in the competition last season and average 3 goals scored per game. Furthermore, the team’s last defeat at Cam Nou is dated back to 2013. This is certainly bad news for the visiting side.
Barcelona vs PSV Eindhoven Head-to-head
- The teams met 6 times overall in UEFA competitions and Barcelona are slightly ahead with 2 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss.
- Their last duel back in 1997 Champions League group stage produced two entertaining draws with similar 2-2 ft score-line.
- All their six matches saw at least 3 goals.
- Meantime, both teams scored in the latest 5, the same games saw over 3.5 goals.
- Barca’s home record against PSV is 1 win and 2 draws from 3 games so far.
- Barcelona are unbeaten against Dutch clubs at home, 5 wins and 3 draws from 8 games.
- PSV haven’t registered a win in Spanish soil as of yet, drew 5 and lost 9 of 14.
Barcelona vs PSV Eindhoven Prediction
The Blaugrana are ultra favorites to win and is priced at 1.10 odd considering they won 24 of the 26 unbeaten matches at Camp Nou in the Champions League.
PSV on the other hand, lost 63% of their away matches in the competition and win-less in 14 previous visits to Spanish soil.
This prompt us to look elsewhere and one bet that stands out is Barcelona to score 3 or more goals in this match considering that they meet this tally in 10 of their last 14 at this venue.
Meantime, HT/FT 1/1 is a decent punt, still the highest odd you may get is 1.40 offered by the likes of Bet365, paddy power, Betfair and Betway.
Barcelona vs PSV Eindhoven Betting Tips
Barcelona to score Over 2.5 goals at 1.50 (2/5)
HT/FT – Barcelona/Barcelona @ 1.40 (2/5).