Aves vs FC Porto
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Thursday, 3rd January 2019
Kick-off at 20.15 UK/ 21.15 CET
Venue: Estádio do CD das Aves (Vila das Aves).
Aves receive FC Porto this week at the Estádio do CD das Aves to complete their 15th round in the first division of Portuguese Football. The match takes place on Thursday.
Aves is placed 16thin the table after recording 11 points this season. They have a record of 3 wins, 2 draws and 9 losses till now. The team managed to get on the score sheet 17 times and conceded 28 in return.
FC Porto holds the top spot in the table and has 36 points against their name. They won 12 games, drew none and lost 2. FC Porto scored 30 goals and let in 9 into their net.
In their last fixture, Aves drew against Benfica, at home. At the end of the ninety minutes, the score was 1-1. FC Porto won against Belenenses, away from home, in their last fixture, and the match ended 1-2.
Aves vs FC Porto Head-to-head (h2h)
- FC Porto won the last h2h match against Aves.
- Aves was winless in 6 of their last 7 matches.
- FC Porto won their last 16 games.
- Aves won 4 of their last 14 home-ties.
- FC Porto won their last 7 fixtures on the road.
- Aves has scored in 13 of their last 15 overall matches, and in 18 of their last 20 home-ties.
- FC Porto has scored in 19 of their last 20 overall games, and in 9 of their last 10 away fixtures.
- Balde M has been the best player for Aves with 3 goals and 1 assist this season, and Marega M for FC Porto, with 7 goals and 3 assists.
Aves vs FC Porto Prediction
It’s the battle of extremes as Porto takes on Aves. Porto is the undisputed topper of the league while Aves is struggling in the relegation zone. The visitors have the best defensive record in the entire competition, and their dominance has been such that no other team than Porto has kept the number of conceded goals below 10.
Porto will win the match keeping a clean sheet. The terrible frontline of Aves won’t be bothering the iron-clad defense of Porto.
Along with their backline exploits, Porto has also posted excellent offensive stats. Only Benfica has outscored them, and that too by just one goal. Porto is on a winning streak of an unbelievable 16 matches and has won 19 of their last 20 games. They will easily score more than two goals against this relegation-threatened Aves.
Aves vs FC Porto Betting Tips
Over 1.5 Team Goals by FC Porto @ 1.40 (2/5)
FC Porto to Win to Nil @ 2.10 (11/10).