Athletic Bilbao vs Granada
Spain – La Liga
Date: Friday, 26 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Estadio San Mamés.
Bilbao are finding it a bit hard to showcase their usual level of domination in the Spanish top flight. However, they have a great opportunity to deliver a great win this Friday, and thus get back into their groove.
The reason being, they are pitted against the struggling Granada, who are placed 17th in the table – hanging by a thread over the relegation zone. Moreover, judging previous h2h clashes as well, expect a win for the Basque club this weekend at their home.
Athletic Bilbao vs Granada Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-1 win for Bilbao.
- They had won five of the past eight meetings.
- At this venue, the hosts are on a four-fixture winning streak.
- In fact, it’s been seven years since they last won at this stadium.
Athletic Bilbao vs Granada Prediction & Analysis
Bilbao were held to a goalless draw the last match-day by Levante. They were also unbeaten in 13 of their past 15 fixtures, and they had won three of their former five appearances at home.
Going on, they have failed to score just once at home this whole season, and they have lost just against five teams at this venue this entire year. Three of those teams were Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Sociedad.
On the other hand, Granada have won just twice in the past seven-month period, and one of these victories had come against the 20th placed Levante.
On top of that, they also have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years.
Considering these observations, expect a win for Bilbao this Friday at the Estadio San Mamés.
Key Stats for Betting
- Granada are placed 17th in the table, and have won just twice all through this campaign.
- Only three other teams have conceded more goals than them in the entire competition – and one of those are the dead-last placed Levante.
- Do also note that only four other squads have scored fewer goals than them in the La Liga, and it also needs to be mentioned that they have a total of just three wins on the road since January 2021.
- Meanwhile, Bilbao have lost just twice since May, and they have let in the least number of goals of all the teams in the league. In fact, they remain one of the only two squads in the Liga to keep the number of conceded goals below 10.
Tips for Athletic Bilbao vs Granada
Athletic Bilbao -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.75 (7/4)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).