Aston Villa vs Hull City
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 19th January 2019
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Villa Park (Birmingham).
The Lions just love to score goals. They do so even to the point that they do not care much if they concede as well. Only West Brom stands in front of this group of players in case of goals scored overall, and goals scored at home.
The Airlie Birds have been the best team in the competition bar none. They come into this tie on top of a six-match winning run in the Championship. Their new-found form has helped immensely in raising their place in league standings. The team makes a brave run into the top-tier, and fans are hoping for a fierce clash as the Villans stand in front of them.
Aston Villa vs Hull Head-to-head (h2h)
- Four of the last six matches between these teams have seen both sides netting goals.
- The Villa holds a 9-1 lead in h2h wins over this opponent.
- The Claret & Blue Army are unbeaten at home against Lee Radford’s men, and disregarding a lone 1-1 draw in 2017, the team boasts a 100% winning record at the Villa Park.
- Dean Smith’s men have never failed to score at home in an h2h tie.
- The Lions kept clean sheets in three of their last six head-to-head appearances in front of their home crowd.
Aston Villa vs Hull Prediction
It will be raining goals at the Villa Park this Saturday as these teams take on each other. The Black and Whites seem like a juggernaut that will stop at nothing until they crash the whole top-tier party. Meanwhile, Villa has been thrilling the Championship fans with their attacking brand of football.
The Villans have scored a total of 15 goals in their last six home-ties and managed to score two or more goals in every single one of them bar one. Dean Smith’s men also managed to do so in 14 of their last 15 attempts at home.
The Airlie Birds convincingly won all of their last six Championship matches and look to make it seven. They are on a run of nine unbeaten games in the competition.
As these two attacking-minded bunch of players clash, expect both teams to find the back of the net in the first 45 minutes itself.
Aston Villa vs Hull Betting Tips
Both Teams to Score in First Half @ 4.00 (3/1)
Over 1.5 First Half Goals @ 2.50 (3/2).