Angers vs Clermont
France – Ligue 1
Date: Sunday, 12 December 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Stade Raymond-Kopa.
Not only are Clermont one of the worst teams in the Ligue 1 this season, but they are also a recently-promoted team from the Ligue 2, and seem to be in a hurry to make a quick return to the bottom division.
They are stuck in the relegation zone at the moment, and have been conceding goals in plenty all through this new campaign.
Meanwhile, Angers have been quite consistent in recent weeks, and are currently in possession of the eighth spot.
With seventh-placed Monaco taking on toppers PSG, and sixth-placed Strasbourg taking on third-placed Marseille this same match-day, they have a great opportunity to break into the top-most tier of the table with a win.
By all means, count on Angers to go after the three points this Sunday against the struggling Clermont.
Angers vs Clermont Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest meeting had ended in a 2-0 win for Clermont.
- Four of the last seven clashes had goals from both teams.
- The hosts had won five of the last eight meetings at this ground.
- The latest match-up at this venue had ended in a 3-0 win for the hosts.
Angers vs Clermont Prediction & Analysis
Angers won 1-2 on the road the last match-day, against Reims. They were also unbeaten in 13 of the past 17 overall games, and have lost just thrice at home in the past seven-month period.
In fact, they have failed to score just once at home since April, and this match-up was against the third-placed Marseille.
On the other hand, Clermont lost 1-0 on the road the last game week, against Montpellier. They had also lost six of the past seven games, and they have a total of one win from the past 15 fixtures. Moreover, they had also lost six of the past seven road trips, and their only win on the road in 2021-22 had come against the 17th placed Bordeaux.
Considering these observations, expect a compelling win for Angers this Sunday at their home.
Key Stats for Betting
- Clermont are placed 18th in a table of 20, and have won just thrice so far this entire competition.
- They are one of the only three teams to have lost four of the past five league games, and are one of the only two squads to have lost the last four road trips in a row.
- Meanwhile, Angers have lost just once in the past five match-days, and this sole loss had come against former champions Monaco.
Tips for Angers vs Clermont
Angers to Win @ 2.00 (1/1)
Angers to Win & Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 3.50 (5/2).