Ajax vs Benfica
UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 15 March 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Johan Cruijff Arena.
The first leg ended in a high-scoring affair as these two offensive monsters took on each other, and the same is expected this Tuesday as well.
Ajax are the reigning Dutch champions, and they are once again on a run to retain the title. They have scored the most number of goals in the Eredivisie, and they promptly carried over the form to the Champions League as well.
The fact that they are at home will be a confidence-booster, and fans will cheering for a goal-fest against the Portuguese visitors.
Meanwhile, Benfica are no mean opponents. They have been the best offensive side in the Primeira Liga, and are in the running for a top-three finish.
As these two lock horns this Sunday at the Johan Crujiff Arena, expect a fierce encounter. The BTTS and Over 2.5 Match Goals wagers look very promising.
Ajax vs Benfica Head-to-head (h2h)
- Four of the past eight encounters had three or more goals.
- The last eight matches of Ajax, against other Portuguese rivals, had three or more goals.
- Benfica had won their last five meetings against other Dutch opponents.
- They had scored two or more goals in 11 of their past 12 games against other Dutch foes.
Ajax vs Benfica Prediction & Analysis
The first leg had ended in a 2-2 draw, and with the away-goals rule not in existence anymore, either team has an opportunity to make it to the Quarter Final.
Ajax have been blowing away oppositions all through 2021-22, with huge scorecards. Especially at home, they have been totally unplayable.
Meanwhile, Benfica are on a long unbeaten run, and even so on the road. They had scored two or more goals in their last six straight match-ups, and they have lost just against two teams on the road this campaign.
Taking into account these observations, expect a high-scoring affair this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Ajax have scored the most number of goals in the Eredivisie – 74, while only two other squads have even managed to score more than 50.
- They have lost just thrice at home in the past twelve-month period.
- Meanwhile, Benfica have scored the most number of goals in the Primeira Liga.
- They have lost just against two teams on the road this whole season – in all competitions. Porto, and Bayern Munich.
Tips for Ajax vs Benfica
Over 2.5 Match Goals & Both Teams to Score @ 1.67 (2/3)
Over 1.5 First Half Goals @ 1.83 (5/6).