AEK Larnaca vs Sturm Graz
Europa League Qualifying – 3rd Round 2nd Leg
Date: Thursday, 16 August 2018
Kick-off at 16:30 UK/ 17:30 CET
Venue: AEK Arena (Larnaca).
AEK Larnaca vs Sturm Graz Analysis
- Sturm Graz had their work cut out after AEK run riot with a 2-0 win in the first leg.
- This must be no surprise since Strum lost 8 Europa League home games on the bounce prior to the clash with the club from Cyprus.
- Sadly, the Austrians do not have a solid record on the road, 2 wins from last 12, is not a confident stat when looking to overturn a 2-goal deficit.
- AEK are a formidable home side and they thrashed Dundalk 4-0 in the previous round of this competition.
- They Cypriots had won 69% of their home matches in the Europa League since 2004 and can’t see them dropping out here.
- The key stat has to be – AEK won their last 4 of their 5 matches in Europa League with clean sheets, while the remaining 1 was a goal-less stalemate.
AEK Larnaca vs Sturm Graz Betting Tips
AEK to win at 16/11 (2.45)
Over 1.5 goals for AEK at 23/10 (2.30).
All Analysis and Tips for Second Leg Europa League fixtures compiled by Aron Wright. Below, you may find the preview for first leg of the corresponding tie.
Sturm Graz could not do much to stay competitive to Dutch giants Ajax in their first Champions League game since 2011.
The Austrian Bundesliga runners-up conceded as many as five goals in two legs and they are now forced to continue the European adventure in the third qualifying round of Europa League.
The first of potential two obstacles en route to the group phase of the competition comes in the likes of Cypriot cup winners AEK Larnaca.
AEK began their European journey in the second qualifying round of this competition where they stormed past Irish runners-up Dundalk 4-0 on aggregate.
Ivan Trichkovski was the one who inspired the 4-0 win in the reverse fixture of the tie with the Lilywhites by completing a brace. Spaniards Tete and Joan Tomas bagged two more goals to complete the final score.
Interestingly, the team is led by Spanish manager Andoni Iraola who has as many as eight countrymen in his ranks, six of whom started the clash with Dundalk.
AEK Larnaca will be much easier opposition for Sturm compared to the one they had in the Champions League, but the Cypriot side will be anything but an easy nut to crack following their fine set of displays in two games against Dundalk in the previous round.
Nevertheless, we must say the visitors’ defensive line will be under a huge pressure here knowing that Sturm scored as many as six goals in two games at the start of the new Bundesliga campaign.
Sturm Graz vs AEK Larnaca: Head-to-head
This will be the first ever head to head game between Sturm Graz and AEK Larnaca.