Adelaide United vs Perth Glory
Date: Thursday, 30 July 2020
Kick-Off at 10:30 UK/ 11:30 CET
Venue: Coopers Stadium.
With a handful of matches left the home team is currently on the last quarter final spot right now. They are just three points behind this upcoming opposition.
After a string of defeats they have managed to stay unbeaten in two matches on the trot. In the latest of those games they drew Wellington Phoenix away from home.
The Glory has been not as convincing as they were in the last season. The current premiers are six points away from the semi-final position at present.
The latest league fixture saw them lose to the Phoenix who is second in the table.
Adelaide United vs Perth Glory: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Perth is unbeaten in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games across all venues.
- Adelaide previously won this fixture back in February 2018.
- The visitors are currently on a 2-match winning streak at this ground.
- They have won three of their last five trips to this venue.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals also came in three matches during that spell.
- The Glory has no wins in four back to back away games in the league.
Adelaide United vs Perth Glory: Prediction
The Reds were never the stronger among these two in their recent clashes. They are also on a losing streak in home matches currently which puts them under pressure.
There is no wonder they have lost 12 of the 23 matches so far, which is the second worst stats after bottom side Central Coast Mariners.
At the same time Glory is on a winless run on the road. They had to face top three teams in away games in the past few weeks. So I think both teams will settle for a point in this upcoming tie.
The head to head history shows only one team scored in majority of their recent meetings. But the home team has conceded 43 goals so far which is one of the worst defensive shows of the season after the Mariners.
Perth has also given away fair share of goals this year-round. So, we can see both of them netting goals on Thursday.
Adelaide United vs Perth Glory: Betting Tips
Match to Draw @ 3.60 (13/5).
Both teams to Score @ 1.60 (3/5).