Zenit Saint Petersburg vs Anderlecht
UEFA Europa League – Round of 32, Second Leg
Date: Thursday, 23rd February 2017
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK / 19:00 CET
Venue: Stadium Petrovsky, Saint Petersburg.
Zenit have a chance to straighten out things as they welcome Anderlecht for the reverse of the Europa League round 32 tie despite the first Leg loss to the Belgium side.
Zenit can pride on their previous home games in Europe this season, they have won all 3 home games. Also they have conceded just once at home in European games this season, while they have scored 9 times.
The Russian side have never lost a Europa League game at home? They have so far won 12 home games and drawn twice (once in group stage, once in qualifiers). They will fight to keep this record.
Anderlecht will be hoping for to get into the next stage of the competition after this game, they defeated Zenith 2-0 at Home. They have a high chance of qualification as a draw win earn them a spot in the round of 16, also a defeat of less than 2 goals.
The Belgium side have had a fair result away from home in Europa this season, they have drawn twice and lost twice.. They will be hoping to build on that to get a good result in this games.
Zenit Saint Petersburg vs Anderlecht: Head to Head Statistics
- The two teams are getting ready for their 6th encounter as they have played 5 previous times.
- None of the previous games between this two teams have ended in stalemate, the game have alway gone either.
- Zenit have win 3 out of their 5 encounters against Anderlecht, they have lost twice.
- Zenit are yet to lose a game at Stadium Petrovsky against Anderlecht, they have won their previous 2 games.
- The Russian side have lined up 3 times against Belgium clubs, they have lost 4 times, drawn once and won 8 games.
- Zenit are on a winning streak at Stadium Petrovskiy, they have won Al their 6 encounters against Belgium clubs.
Zenit Saint Petersburg vs Anderlecht: Prediction
Anderlecht seem to be in a better shape at the moment and this paid off in the first leg at Belgium. They continued on their good form as they claimed 4-1 victory over their opponent on Sunday, which shows how good they are at the moment. We see them as the better team and we expect them MO to lose this game.
Anderlecht is expected to win or draw this game scoring at least 2 goals in this game.
Zenit’s good record against Belgian clubs may end in this game.
Zenit Saint Petersburg vs Anderlecht: Bet Tips
Anderlecht win draw no bet at 3.70
Both teams to score yes at 1.66.