Neuchatel Xamax vs Lugano
Switzerland – Super League
Date: Monday, 3 August 2020
Kick-Off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Stade de la Maladiere.
The visitors could continue their unbeaten run in this game too. The home team is still at the bottom of the table after a couple of promising performances.
Currently they are on a three match losing streak in the league which makes them 9 points away from the closest rivals Sion. With the relegation already set in motion they could work on a better finish to an awful campaign.
Lugano is on a purple patch right now. They are unbeaten in seven previous league matches who included games against top teams of the likes of St Gallen, Luzern, Basel and Servette. They are hopeful of getting at least a point from this upcoming game.
Neuchatel Xamax vs Lugano: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last two head to head games were back to back draws.
- This was the result in six of their seven previous meetings.
- All five recent meetings had less than 2.5 goals in total.
- The hosts are unbeaten in four recent clashes at this ground against Lugano.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were also scored in three recent meetings here.
- The home side is winless in five consecutive home games on the trot.
- All three recent matches on the road for Lugano finished as draws.
Neuchatel Xamax vs Lugano: Prediction
Both these teams are known for their shabby defences. The home side has conceded 67 goals already which is the most by any team this season. Even though the visitors are not that poor, they also have conceded more than what they scored.
Xamax is coming into this game after the 6 goal thrashing against St Gallen. This was the second consecutive game where they have give away four or more goals.
Since Lugano has also found the back of the net three or more times in last two of their games, I am expecting a high scoring game.
In present scenario I do not see the home team winning. They managed to draw the reverse leg back in February. But things have changed drastically since then. They are on a three match losing streak right now. On the contrary, the away team has not lost in recent weeks as well. So I am backing the away team to win with more than 2.5 goals at the final whistle.
Neuchatel Xamax vs Lugano: Betting Tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.57 (4/7).
The away team to win @ 1.53 (6/11).