Wolves vs Southampton
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 15 January 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Molineux Stadium.
Wolves have been going pretty strong for quite some time now. In fact, their rare losses in the past few months have come against some of the absolute best teams in England.
Currently, they are placed eighth in the table, and need a surplus of just six points to climb higher to a Europa spot.
Meanwhile, Southampton have been desperately trying to improve their form lately, and they have posted some points on the board as well. However, they have had a relatively easy campaign in the past few months, and on the few occasions they squared up against in-form squads, they proceeded to lose.
Moreover, they have also fared quite worse in recent h2h meetings.
By the looks of things, expect a hard-fought win for Wolves this weekend at the Molineux Stadium.
Wolves vs Southampton Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-1 win for Wolves.
- They are on a two-fixture winning streak, and they were unbeaten in five of the last six meetings.
- Only once have the hosts lost at this venue in the past 15 years.
- Not once have the guests kept a clean sheet at this stadium since 2000, in a PL match-up.
Wolves vs Southampton Prediction & Analysis
Wolves just recorded a 0-1 win against Manchester United, at the Old Trafford nonetheless. They are also on a four-fixture unbeaten run, and three of these were wins. Do also note that they have lost just once at home since September – and this sole loss had come against Liverpool.
On the other hand, Southampton did win 4-1 win at home the past game week. But it was against the recently-promoted Brentford, and also it was only their second ever win in the past two months.
Going on, they have seldom won games in the past few months, and on the road their performances have been terribly worrying.
Judging these factors, as well as recent h2h results, expect a win for Wolves this Saturday at the Molineux.
Key Stats for Betting
- Wolves have lost just thrice in the past four-month period, and two of these defeats had come against Manchester City and Liverpool.
- They have lost just against four teams at home this entire season in all competitions. Three of these teams were Liverpool, Manchester United, and Tottenham.
- Meanwhile, Southampton have won just twice in the past ten games, and one of these wins were against the recently-promoted Brentford.
- They have a total of just two league wins on the road this season, and one of those had come against the 17th placed Watford.
Tips for Wolves vs Southampton
Wolves to Win @ 2.20 (6/5)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Wolves @ 2.40 (7/5).