Wolfsburg vs Hertha Berlin
Germany – Bundesliga
Date: Saturday, 15 January 2022
Kick-off at 14:30 UK/ 15:30 CET
Venue: Volkswagen Arena.
Both these teams are amongst the weakest in the German top flight at the time. However, the level of Wolfsburg at the moment is frightening. They are on a long losing streak, and are conceding goals in huge numbers.
In fact, fans are starting to worry if they are on a course to get relegated.
Meanwhile, Hertha do have issues of their own, but they are comparatively far better. And they will be keen to make the most of this encounter.
They are in need of points, and they have the realization that this is one of those rare games, where they could be the favorites.
Likely, expect Berlin to go after goals right from the get-go, targeting the weak defense of Wolfsburg. Expect the former to be the better team on the pitch, by quite some distance this weekend.
Wolfsburg vs Hertha Berlin Head-to-head (h2h)
- Three of the past five clashes had three or more goals.
- The guests had scored two or more goals in four of the last five encounters at this ground.
- Since 2015, the hosts have won just once at this venue.
- Not once have guests failed to keep a clean sheet at this stadium since 2008.
Wolfsburg vs Hertha Berlin Prediction & Analysis
Wolfsburg lost 1-0 on the road the last match-day, against Bochum. They are also on an eight-match losing run, and it’s been over two months since they have last recorded a win.
Going on, they are on a five-fixture losing streak at home, and had conceded three or more goals in four of these five appearances.
On the other hand, Hertha did lose 1-3 at home the past game week. However, they had defeated Dortmund just before that, and they were also unbeaten in eight of the last twelve matches.
Taking into account these stats, expect a hard-fought win for Hertha, and considering the defensive issues of both, anticipate goals to come in plenty as well.
Key Stats for Betting
- Wolfsburg are on an eight-game losing streak, and they had conceded a total of 21 goals in the process.
- They have won just three league games at this venue this season, and the latest of those three wins had come back in November.
- Meanwhile, Hertha had won two of their past four matches, and they had remained unbeaten in five of the last eight fixtures.
- They had scored two or more goals in three of the past five matches.
Tips for Wolfsburg vs Hertha Berlin
Wolfsburg to Win @ 1.90 (9/10)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.90 (9/10).