Wolfsburg vs Dortmund
Germany – Bundesliga
Date: Saturday, 27 November 2021
Kick-off at 14:30 UK / 15:30 CET
Venue: VOLKSWAGEN ARENA.
We feel the time has finally come for Wolfsburg to score against Borussia Dortmund. They have not done it in the last nine head to head encounters but this is their ultimate chance considering how poor Dortmund’s back line has been of late.
Wolfsburg vs Dortmund Head-to-head
- Wolfsburg have not been a serious opposition to Borussia Dortmund at all in the last several years.
- Borussia Dortmund won eleven and drew one of the last twelve clashes against Wolfsburg.
- Wolfsburg did not score a single goal in the last nine head to head encounters against Borussia Dortmund.
Wolfsburg vs Dortmund Predictions & Analysis
Borussia Dortmund took advantage of the shocking slip-up for Bayern Munich away at Augsburg to close the gap behind them and defending champion down to just one point atop the Bundesliga standings.
They saw off Stuttgart 2-1 at home last weekend. Marco Reus found the late winner five minutes from time on the occasion.
Dortmund are clearly struggling to adjust to life without injured striker Erling Haaland who will miss the trip to VOLKSWAGEN ARENA as well.
They have significantly complicated the situation in the UEFA Champions League after back-to-back defeats to Ajax in a double-header against the Dutch champions.
Marco Rose’s men have been struggling to keep things quiet defensively since the beginning of the season and their back line looks as vulnerable as ever these days.
This will be the music to the ears of Wout Weghorst and company as Wolfsburg have gained a new momentum under Florian Kohfeldt as the new head coach.
Wolfsburg clinched back-to-back victories over Bayer Leverkusen and Augsburg before producing a couple of disappointing performances against Arminia Bielefeld (a 2-2 draw in the Bundesliga) and Sevilla (a 2-0 defeat in the Champions League).
Key Stats for Betting
- Wolfsburg will go into this on the back of a 2-2 draw at Arminia Bielefeld.
- Borussia Dortmund have kept just one clean sheet since the start of the season in Bundesliga.
- Neither of the two teams have shown spectacular displays in their latest games.
- The value is thus great with the draw at the 3.60 odds.
Tips for Wolfsburg vs Dortmund
Both Teams To Score @ 1.61 (8/13)
Draw @ 3.60 (13/5).