Wigan vs Sheffield Wednesday
England – Championship
Date: Tuesday, 28 January 2020
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: DW Stadium (Wigan).
Looking forward to their relegation, Wigan will be far from fetching those three points from the clash with Sheffield Wednesday at DW Stadium.
- Wigan form: 28 matches – 5 wins – 8 draws – 15 losses – 23 points.
- Sheffield Wednesday form: 28 matches – 12 wins – 6 draws – 10 losses – 42 points.
Wigan is at the second last spot in the table while Sheffield Wednesday is at the 10th place in the league table with 19 points difference with the host.
Wigan vs Sheffield Wednesday Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Owls have recorded four of the last five wins in their clashes.
- Their recent two encounters ended in the same 1-0 home win for the Owls.
- Two of the last three matches hosted by Wigan was won by Wednesday.
- The host has given away three clean sheets in the prior four fixtures.
Wigan vs Sheffield Wednesday Match preview
Wigan had faced Swans in their previous Championship encounter. Even when Wigan drew the first blood in the game, they could not respond to the brace scored by the Swans after that.
In the meantime, Sheffield Wednesday was subjected to a massive 0-5 defeat at home against Blackburn Rovers in their prior Championship clash.
Even though both teams have taken a dip in form lately, we can expect Wednesday to show better composure in the fixture.
Wigan vs Sheffield Wednesday Prediction
Wigan is forelooking their chances in relegation this season with their poor form in the league so far. Also, they have been nothing other than a punching bag for the top part teams mostly.
As such, they are very far from defeating Sheffield Wednesday, visiting with a slightly better run, even with the home ground advantage.
Speaking of Wigan’s home run, they are winless in their last five home matches in the championship. Also, the host has lost only four of their 13 home matches so far.
Apart from that, Sheffield Wednesday is in a better form on the road in the league. Evidently, they have lost only one of their prior five away games in the campaign.
So, despite having an away handicap, the Owls are all in for taking the three points from the match with their overall league performance this season compared to the host. Since they are playing on the road, it is better to go with a double chance in the clash.
Even at home, the Latics have recorded an average of 1.2 goals per match. So, we can count on Wigan to score less than 1.5 goals in ninety minutes.
Wigan vs Sheffield Wednesday Betting tips
- Double chance: Draw or Sheffield Wednesday @ 1.40 (2/5).
- Under 1.5 team goals by Wigan @ 1.40 (2/5).