Wigan Athletic vs Hull City
England – Championship
Date: Tuesday, 14 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: DW Stadium (Wigan).
Wigan has shown their peers how to defend effectively in their last 10 league games. In that period they have kept 9 clean sheets and the remaining game saw them lose to Brentford.
In fact that was their only defeat in 12 league fixtures on the trot.
The Tigers have again lost to take advantage of Charlton’s losing streak. The visitors have lost their third league game on the trot recently against Millwall. With this streak included now they have lost 22 games in 43 matches and have only 12 wins to boast about.
Wigan vs Hull City: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Wigan has two wins and a loss in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- Both sides found the back of the net in their 7 previous clashes on the trot.
- All those seven competitive games had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The hosts remain unbeaten in three latest clashes with the Tigers at this ground.
- Both sides scored in three recent meetings at this venue.
- More than 2.5 goals were also scored in all those three recent fixtures.
- Hull City is on an eight game winless run in matches on the road.
- The Tics have a six game unbeaten streak going on in home matches.
Wigan vs Hull City: Prediction
Wigan is the clear favourites to get all three points in this tie. They have the head to head dominance at this ground against the Tigers. Also, the latter has no wins in away fixtures since January.
At the same time the home side has a three match winning streak going on in front of their own crowd. So I am backing the hosts to win this one at DW Stadium.
The hosts have displayed quality defensive show in recent weeks, especially at home. They have kept a clean sheet in all five of their previous matches here.
The teams they faced during that time include Blackburn and QPR, who are known for their brilliant attacking units.
I do not think the visitors will be able to break the hosts and score. So, this will be a narrow win for Wigan and the correct full-time score 1-0 looks like a decent option for full-time correct score lovers.
Wigan vs Hull City: Betting Tips
Correct Score: 1-0 Wigan at 8.00 (7/1).
Under 2.5 goals @ 9/10 (1.90).