Wigan vs Fulham
England – Championship
Date: Wednesday, 22 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: DW Stadium.
The hosts have cultivated a habit of giving away goals in the last minutes of the game. The recent example of this was their last games against Charlton.
But most importantly they are on a four match unbeaten run at present. All of them were with teams below them in the table. So this will be their first real challenge in a long time.
Fulham has guaranteed their spot in the playoffs. But they will want to take no prisoners when they face the Tics on Wednesday. They have an unbeaten run going on after the defeat to topper Leeds United. They had to struggle for the three points against Sheffield United in the recent clash.
Wigan vs Fulham: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Whites are on a two match winning streak against this opposition.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of their last five meetings.
- Wigan previously won a competitive head to head back in October 2006.
- Both teams scored in their majority of meetings in recent times.
- The majority of their games at this ground ended as draws.
- Both sides found the back of the net in four of their six previous games here.
Wigan vs Fulham: Prediction
Fulham has dominated Wigan in their head to head games over a decade. But at this ground the vast majority of their games ended with both of them sharing points. There is high chance that it may be the case on Wednesday too.
Wigan are on an unbeaten run, especially they have done well at home in recent games. So I am backing a double chance for either a draw or the away team to win this one.
The home has found the net in seven of their last 10 championship matches. At the same time the visitors have scored more than a goal per game in their matches on the road.
Both of them have scored in their recent head to head clashes as well. So we can expect both of them to score yet again in this matchup.
Wigan vs Fulham: Betting Tips
Double Chance: Draw or Fulham to win @ 1.50 (1/2).
Both teams to score @ 1.60 (3/5).