Wigan vs Blackburn
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 27 June 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: DW Stadium (Wigan)
Wigan is currently enjoying an unbeaten run in the league. But the 16 defeats have pushed them way down the table. Currently, with 11 wins and defeats each, they are 17th in the table. They are yet another team that has conceded more than what they scored this year.
Blackburn finally returned to winning ways after a 4 match winless run. The recent win against Bristol City was their 15th victory in 38 matches. With just a point between them and the playoff spot, they have to depend on the results of other teams as well as win their remaining matches.
Wigan vs Blackburn: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Blackburn Rovers is unbeaten in the last two clashes against Wigan.
- Both sides have a win each in their 5 previous meetings.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games.
- Wigan has not lost at home turf against Blackburn since January 2007.
- They have a 10 match unbeaten run in head to head matches here in all competitions.
- Four of the recent head to head meetings here had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- Both sides scored in four of those six games as well.
Wigan vs Blackburn: Prediction
There is no clear advantage for any of these two sides in terms of the head to head history. Blackburn has faded in terms of performance in recent weeks. So even though they are way above their upcoming opposition we can expect the hosts to get chances. Speaking of the hosts, they are unbeaten in the last 7 games which include 4 wins. But home form is below par for them this season. So I am backing a Double Chance for a draw or the visitors winning.
We can expect goals this weekend from both teams. Wigan has netted 40 goals but conceded 10 more than that. On the other hand, Blackburn is scoring at an average of 1.45 goals per game this season. So I am backing a score with goals from both sides on Saturday.
Wigan vs Blackburn: Betting Tips
- Double Chance: Draw or Blackburn to win @ 1.48 (1/2).
- Both teams to score @ 1.91 (10/11).