Rapid Wien vs Sassuolo
UEFA Europa League – Group F
Date: Thursday, 20th October, 2016
Kick-off: 20:05 UK.
Venue: Allianz Stadion, Vienna.
The battle for top spot continues in group F of the UEFA Europa League when Rapid Wien welcome Sassuolo on Thursday night at Allianz Stadion in Vienna. The four teams in the group F all have 3 points to their name after 2 games, they have all won a game each.
Wien Started their group stage with a 3-2 home win over Genk, but they were unfortunate to lose 1-0 to Bilbao. They are third in the group table on the basis of zero goal difference, they have scored 3 goals and conceded 3 goals. A win in this game will give them the chance of going top of the table.
Sassuolo are currently 2nd in the group F table, same point as other 3 teams in the group. The kicked of the group stage with 3-0 win against Bilbao, but succumbed to 3-1 win to Genk. A win in this game will place them top of the group, depending on Genk’s result.
Rapid Wien vs Genk: Head to Head statistics
- Both teams have not played against each other in any UEFA competitions.
- Rapid Wien have a poor record against Italian teams in their previous 19 meetings.
- Rapid Wien have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 14 of their previous 19 games against Italian teams.
- At home, Rapid Wien have won 2, drawn 2 and lost 5 of their 9 home games against Italian teams.
- Rapid Wien have scored 20 goals and conceded 53 goals against Italian teams in their previous meetings.
- Sassuolo will be playing an Austrian team for the first in history.
Rapid Wien vs Sassuolo: Prediction
The odds are against Rapid Wien in this game, considering their past performance and statistics against Italian teams. This has made Sassuolo slight favourites in the game despite playing away from home and playing their first game on Austrian soil.
Last campaign was Rapid Wien already have won 2 of their 3 home games in Europa League this season, they will be hoping for a third win in this one.
Sassuolo will be hoping to get back to winning ways in Europe, as their 5-game unbeaten run was halted by Genk. The game could go either way, but Sassuolo has an edge over their host.
Rapid Wien vs Sassuolo: Tips
Sassuolo to win at 3.40 (12/5)
Both teams to score at 1.77 (7/9).