West Ham vs Southampton: Preview and Prediction

West Ham Vs Southampton

West Ham vs Southampton
England Premier League.
Date: Sunday, 25th September, 2016
Kick-off: 16:00 UK.
Venue: Olympic Stadium

Struggling Westham host Southampton for matchday 6 of the 2016/2017 English Premier league season.

Westham United struggled pass a league one side in their EFL clash during the week. Slaven Bilic tutored side started the 2016/2017 season in very slow manner compared to their 2015/2016 opening magic. The hammer sits 18 on the log with 3 point from their first 5 game.

Southampton got their first league win last weekend. The Soton fought hard for a 1-0 triumph over Swansea city on match day 5, and followed it up with a convincing 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace in the English football league. Claude Puel as tutored the side to 3 consecutive victories after the rocky start to the new season. Southampton sits 14 on the log with 5 points from their first 5 games.

Key Facts

  • West Ham is currently on 3 league games losing streak. The hammers have won one of their last 5 competitive games, and are the second highest conceding side in the league with 13 goal conceded so far.
  • Southampton is currently on 3 games winning streak. The Soton have won just one of their first 5 league encounter.

West Ham: Predicted Line-Up (4-2-3-1)

Adan: Arbeloa, Byram, Ogbonna, Reid: Noble, Kouyate- Antonio, Lanzini, Payet: Zaza

Southampton: Predicted Line-Up (4-4-2)

Forster: FOnte, Cedric, Ryan, Van Dijk: Rone, Clasie, Davis, Tadic: Austin, Long

West Ham vs Southampton: Head to Head

Westham and Southampton shared the spoil in their two legged affair last season. Both side produced a 2-2 aggregate score line over two legs in the 2015/2016 season.

Moreover, in the last 10 meetings between these 2 sides, both teams have 3 victories each. In addition, West Ham have lost just 1 of their last home clash with the Sotons.

West Ham vs Southampton: Prediction

Two sides with equal strength and almost similar league forms. The Hammers have produced 50:50 performance in their first 2 league games at home, wining 1, and losing 1, while Southampton have lost their 2 away games so far this season.

Therefore, West Ham and Southampton have 50:50 chances to get a victory. I will however, predict 80% chance of the game ending in a draw, with a 20% chance any of the team walking away with the maximum point.

West Ham vs Southampton: Bet Tips

Draw at 23/10 (3.30)
Both Teams to Score at 7/10 (1.70).

Advertisement (18+)