West Ham vs Aston Villa
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 13 March 2022
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Olympic Stadium.
The Hammers are desperately holding on to the coveted sixth spot. They are dreaming of taking part in one of the European competitions next season. But the likes of Tottenham, Wolves etc. are giving them a hard race, and the team will need to stay at the top of their game to see this objective through.
However, the seventh-placed Spurs are locking horns with the fifth-placed Manchester United next, and one of the two will surely be dropping points. This is an opportunity that cannot be wasted.
Meanwhile, Villa have started to perform at a high level. They are scoring in plenty, and are going after a top-six finish as well.
And to top this off, goals have come in huge numbers in past h2h clashes too.
Judging these factors, expect a high-scoring affair this Sunday at the Olympic Stadium.
West Ham vs Aston Villa Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest clash had ended in a 1-4 win for the Hammers.
- The past three meetings had three or more goals.
- Preceding four encounters in a row had goals from both teams.
- The last time these two locked horns at this stadium, the hosts had won 2-1.
West Ham vs Aston Villa Prediction & Analysis
The Hammers did lose 1-0 on the road the last match-day, but it had come against six-time European champions Liverpool. Going on, they were unbeaten in five of the last eight overall fixtures, and they had also won four of the former six appearances at home.
On the other hand, Villa registered a 0-3 win on the road the past game week, against Leeds. They are also on a three-game winning streak, and had a combined scorecard of 9-0 in the process.
Do also note that they have lost just one league fixture on the road in the past two-month period.
Taking into account these observations, expect a high-scoring affair this Sunday at the Olympic Stadium.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Hammers have lost just once at home in 2022, in all competitions.
- They have failed to score just once at home in all competitions, since May of 2021.
- Meanwhile, Villa have scored a total of nine goals in the past three match-ups.
- They have a game in hand, and need a surplus of seven points to climb level with the eighth-placed Wolves.
Tips for West Ham vs Aston Villa
Both Teams to Score @ 1.70 (7/10)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).