West Brom vs Wigan
England – FA Cup
Date: Saturday, 5th January 2019
Kick-off at 12.30 UK/ 13.30 CET
Venue: The Hawthorns (West Bromwich).
West Brom hosts Wigan at The Hawthorns this week. The match concludes the 3rd round for both these teams in the English FA Cup.
West Brom is the 4th team in the Championship table and has posted 46 points on the board. Their record reads 13 wins, 7 draws and 6 losses. The team scored 54 goals and conceded 34 in return.
Wigan is placed 20th in the Championship table after registering 26 points this season. They have a record of 7 wins, 5 draws and 14 losses till the last match-day. The team managed to get on the score sheet 25 times and conceded 40 in return.
West Brom lost against Blackburn, last match-day, on the road. The final score was 2-1. Wigan lost against Sheffield United with a scoreline of 0-3, at home, in their last fixture.
West Brom vs Wigan Head-to-head (h2h)
- Wigan lost the last h2h match against West Brom.
- West Brom was unbeaten in 9 of their last 10 matches.
- Wigan was winless in 12 of their last 13 games.
- West Brom was unbeaten in 17 of their last 20 home-ties.
- Wigan was winless in 14 of their last 15 fixtures on the road.
- West Brom has scored in 12 of their last 14 overall matches, and in 24 of their last 25 home-ties.
- Wigan has scored in 1 of their last 6 overall games, and in 4 of their last 11 away fixtures.
- Gayle D has been the best player for West Brom with 13 goals and 3 assists this season, and Powell N for Wigan, with 4 goals and 4 assists.
West Brom vs Wigan Prediction
Wigan has been one of the worst teams in the Championship when the away record is considered. And here, they are on the road against West Brom, one of the best teams in the league, and rightfully in the mix for the playoffs. Wigan has been in such bad shape on the road that they have been winless in their last 11 away games, nine of them losses.
In their last 16 away matches, Wigan has had just one win. That is, just a single away win this season. Also, their previous away win before the aforementioned came in friendlies and against League One teams last season. So far into this season, the one thing that Wigan has proved is that they are not yet cut out to compete satisfactorily against Championship teams.
West Brom, with their excellent home record, will easily score at least two goals against Wigan and get on the scoresheet first. The team was unbeaten in 17 of their last 20 home-ties and has scored in 24 of their last 25 matches in front of the home crowd.
West Brom vs Wigan Betting Tips
Over 1.5 Team Goals by West Brom @ 1.66 (2/3)
First Team to Score: West Brom @ 1.44 (4/9).