West Brom vs Hull City
England – Championship
Date: Sunday, 5 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: The Hawthorns (West Bromwich)
The home side finally came back to winning ways after four disappointing results. They are just a point short of reaching the top of the table. The defensive record in the recent games has been far from perfect. This is the reason why they have 14 draws so far which is the most for a team in the top five positions.
The Tigers is coming into this game after the home win over Middlesbrough. Despite winning games they have not found a suitable solution for the lack of defensive talent. They have conceded 68 goals which are second-worst defensive record this season after relegation team Luton Town.
West Brom vs Hull City: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The hosts have a two-match winning streak going on against this opposition.
- West Brom has three wins and a defeat in five recent meetings with Hull.
- Both sides found the back o the net in three of those five games.
- The home team has never lost here to this opponent in over 12 years.
- They have a 4 match winning run currently active against hull here.
- Both sides scored goals in four of their five clashes here in the recent past.
- Hull is winless in their last 6 away games in the league.
West Brom vs Hull City: Prediction
We can expect plenty of goals in this upcoming tie. The hosts are conceding goals regularly in their recent league games and have 23 goals scored against them in the 19 home games so far.
Hull has been terrible in defense all season and with a winless run on the road, they will definitely give open chances to the opposition in this match too.
In 26 of the 40 games that the Tigers took part in the final score had more than 2.5 goals. A similar scoreline can be seen in 17 matches of the home team too.
The recent head to head stats is also pointing towards a comparable result on Sunday. So I am backing a high scoring game with both sides netting goals.
West Brom vs Hull City: Betting Tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.61 (3/5).
Both teams to score @ 1.91 (10/11).